Confirmed with Link: Oilers agree to terms with LHD Dillon Simpson on an ELC

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good news. Looking forward to his development.. he has potential to be a good one.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Beauty, this kid has top 4 potential. Very high hockey IQ, average size, good puck mover, solid in his own end. Was great in the frozen four

Brodin-lite

Just needs to improve skating

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Amazing news is overstating it a bit.He was drafted by the Oilers, and there was zero noise that he was going to go back into the draft.

"Expected news confirmed" would be more accurate

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Amazing news is overstating it a bit.He was drafted by the Oilers, and there was zero noise that he was going to go back into the draft.

"Expected news confirmed" would be more accurate

Huh? There was a lot of rumblings that he wouldn't sign here.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Either an excellent trade chip to use, or a potential stud on our blueline. Nice to see we have some depth on our prospect D.

Does he come with Craig?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Should I be more, or less excited than when we won the J Schultz sweepstakes?

What exactly is this team doing attracting MORE young D?

Planning for the circa 2020 rebuild?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Yea, dumb management trying to sign their better prospects. Shame on them. You should be our GM.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Developing good young players is how bad teams get better, and given how crappy our D is the more high potential young D to stick in OKC the better.

Or they could sign Hordichuk and MacIntyre again, if you'd rather....:cry:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Huh? There was a lot of rumblings that he wouldn't sign here.

Not that I've heard, you got a link to these rumblings?

Far as I can tell, his signing has been regarded as imminent for a few weeks, with even his father stating that they were actively negotiating.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yea, dumb management trying to sign their better prospects. Shame on them. You should be our GM.

D take several more years to develop. Which is why most teams start assembling D they want to retain starting PRIOR TO A REBUILD.

Do I actually need to explain this?

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton

What the hell do they think they're doing signing a highly regarded prospect to an entry level contract?

Obviously they should save those contracts for 27 year olds from the KHL!

SchultzSquared*

D take several more years to develop. Which is why most teams start assembling D they want to retain starting PRIOR TO A REBUILD.

What does any of that have to do with signing one of our OWN draft picks??? Should we just let all defensemen we have chosen in the last two years go back in the draft??? Looks like you are actively hunting for something to kvetch about...

McDeathbyCheerios*

Here is our problem. We have no forwards at an equal level that we drafted that we can sign or should sign. So we sign the bunch of good looking d prospects and use them as trading chips for the prospects we don't have. It's not rocket science.

Burger Baron

Feb 6, 2013
Vancouver
Played with and against Dillon my entire hockey playing life

Heck of a guy, great charachter. Naturally talented. Extremely smart on and off the ice. I remember him being a tad bit think as a youngin, so no the quickest, but by no means a slug. Very smooth on the ice

That said I haven't seem him since we went off to college.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

We did and they didn't pan out as well. Most teams don't get lucky to land a Seabrook and Keith at the same time.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Not planning for the 2020 rebuild buy having a fully stocked pipeline so we don't run into the problem of needing guys and having no one.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I barely even follow what this club does anymore. So I missed this being our pick. Believe it or not.

I think that's kind how disinterested I've become in the club. Don't even know we drafted him.:laugh:

The OP didn't go into any great detail and I really don't follow anything Oiler related anymore other than just turning on some of the games.

I think my first foray into the thread was a dead giveaway I thought this was an unsigned player.

this tells me all i need to know

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The more young D we court in the lineup the worse we get. Not even guessing with that much.

We need top 4 VETERAN D.

I understand that, but it's getting harder and harder to acquire them via trade, and given that MacT has stated that he views guys like Eberle as part of the core going forward, it's looking like development is the only way to go. I would hazard a guess that the high majority of top 4 defencemen are developed - not signed via free agency or traded for.

Anyway. On the list of things to gripe about regarding the Oil, this would be pretty far down in my book.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
this tells me all i need to know

That I'm aging with some memory problems? :laugh: This pick was years ago. Can't tell you how much I've forgotten that happened since then. Although anything specific to the Oilers my brain TELLS me to forget about. Kind of to reduce the PTSD..

IN a blizzard of Chronyism picks assembling everybodies kids I forgot we got a Simpson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad