Confirmed with Link: Oilers agree to terms with Andrew Miller, Tyler Pitlick and Curtis Hamilton (1yrs)

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 21m
#Oilers sign forwards Tyler Pitlick (@Pitty687) and Curtis Hamilton (@hamiltonov) to respective one-year contracts.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers 7h
#Oilers sign centre Andrew Miller to a one-year contract. Miller scored 34 pts in 52 gms w/ @OKCBarons last season.

Let's just make a topic for these (AHL) signings. Pitlick is probably going to get some games in the NHL tho.

Happy that they gave Hamilton another chance, he was finally showing some signs of life until he got injured.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I'm glad we re-signed Tyler, he could be a real good bottom 6 player for us next year and in the future; don't really care much for the Hamilton re-signing.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Keeping Hamilton in the books isn't exactly holding anyone else back at this point, and he still has maybe a 1% chance of developing into a role player. Can't hurt.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well that answers my question I asked about whether anyone knew if the Oilers were re-signing these players or not. :)

I assumed they would re-sign Pitlick and not Hamilton. Miller I assume just for vet depth. A good chance none of them get more than a cup of coffee with the Oilers unless there's a long string of injuries.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think this is Hamilton's last chance. Imagine Pitlick will do well enough to stick around with the team at least another season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pitlick get called up to play a dozen games this season.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The only thing holding Pitlick from the NHL is his health. Not sure what they see in Hamilton. I guess he's got good tools and they have space for him in OKC at least for this year. Miller is a filler.

SchultzSquared*

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Purcell
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks
Lander Joensuu

Nikitin-Fayne
Marincin-Petry
Ference-J. Schultz (?)
Aulie

Scrivens
Fasth

R. Hamilton-???-Pitlick
Fyten-Yakimov-Miller
Moroz-Acton-Pinizzotto
C. Hamilton-Khaira-Pakarinen
Kessy Ewanyk

Gernat-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil
Simpson-Davidson
Oesterle

Bachman
Brossoit

I guess in ideal world you would see the loser of the Lander Arco battle get sent down to OKC... they would centre that top line... a fourth liner would join in to push Gazdic out of regular rotation... but I think the bed is made up top unless a Perron esque steal falls into MacT's hands... have to think one more AHL body is on the way in any case... gives Yak2 some insulation in his North American year... funny to think OKC might have better relative C depth than the big club...

EDIT: Also to note... Josh Winquist Matthew Ford and CJ Stretch are still in the system... would not be surprised if a good old fashion AHL trade takes place... we have the wing depth but need that C... maybe a match some where in the minors...

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Purcell
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks
Lander Joensuu

Nikitin-Fayne
Marincin-Petry
Ference-J. Schultz (?)
Aulie

Scrivens
Fasth

R. Hamilton-???-Pitlick
Fyten-Yakimov-Miller
Moroz-Acton-Pinizzotto
C. Hamilton-Khaira-Pakarinen
Kessy Ewanyk

Gernat-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil
Simpson-Davidson
Oesterle

Bachman
Brossoit

I guess in ideal world you would see the loser of the Lander Arco battle get sent down to OKC... they would centre that top line... a fourth liner would join in to push Gazdic out of regular rotation... but I think the bed is made up top unless a Perron esque steal falls into MacT's hands... have to think one more AHL body is on the way in any case... gives Yak2 some insulation in his North American year... funny to think OKC might have better relative C depth than the big club...

EDIT: Also to note... Josh Winquist Matthew Ford and CJ Stretch are still in the system... would not be surprised if a good old fashion AHL trade takes place... we have the wing depth but need that C... maybe a match some where in the minors...

Aren't the Jones twins and Holmberg also in the system? We have solid minor league depth. Hopefully that pays off at the top.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't quite understand why the ever qualified Hamilton. Three years of pro hockey now and he's not even really a good AHL player. I'm not even sure if career AHLer is in his future.

He had a stretch of 5 goals and 6 points in 5 games early in the year. 3 goals and 10 points in the 37 other games.... yikes.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Aren't the Jones twins and Holmberg also in the system? We have solid minor league depth. Hopefully that pays off at the top.

I believe they are on AHL only contracts. I don't think they are property of the Oilers anymore. Doesn't mean they wont be at some point. But they aren't at the mometn.

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
I'd like to see both Yakimov and khaira get some offensive centre roles with the club down in okc to see if maybe one of them can develop that part of their game further maybe one in top six other on the third give acton the fourth line cause I could careless about him. He is what he is a fourth liner.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Don't quite understand why the ever qualified Hamilton. Three years of pro hockey now and he's not even really a good AHL player. I'm not even sure if career AHLer is in his future.

He had a stretch of 5 goals and 6 points in 5 games early in the year. 3 goals and 10 points in the 37 other games.... yikes.

There's no really risk in having one more look at this player. If he can't hack it, as he's shown, you let him walk in the summer, one more year of evaluating Curtis Hamilton isn't going to hurt the organization.

The don't need the space (contract or Roster) for anything pressing at this point.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There's no really risk in having one more look at this player. If he can't hack it, as he's shown, you let him walk in the summer, one more year of evaluating Curtis Hamilton isn't going to hurt the organization.

The don't need the space (contract or Roster) for anything pressing at this point.

I agree. Have to think Nelson had input on these guys as well. Colin McDonald was 25 or 26 before he did anything so it is early to right a guy off like Hamilton.

The real issue is you can't hold onto these guys forever. It might take Hamilton 4 or 5 AHL seasons before he gets going, but how long can you afford to spend developing a guy that you probably can get off waivers after preseason?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
All minor league fodder. Pitlick shows some promise with his play but he's injury prone and you get passed on the prospect chart very quickly if you get hurt too much.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
God it would be nice if we could get a prospect to rise from obscurity and make a solid contribution to the team.

I'll take a shot and say Hamilton puts it together this year. Gets the call up to Edmonton when some injuries happen and secures a spot on the 3rd/4th line by years end by providing an all round game with some offense. Not pretty offense.. but offense none the less.

I've probably doomed him.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
God it would be nice if we could get a prospect to rise from obscurity and make a solid contribution to the team.

I'll take a shot and say Hamilton puts it together this year. Gets the call up to Edmonton when some injuries happen and secures a spot on the 3rd/4th line by years end by providing an all round game with some offense. Not pretty offense.. but offense none the less.

I've probably doomed him.

You may have, but I would blame him before you blame yourself. I'd put more faith in a guy like Greg Chase being that prospect rising from obscurity to make a contribution to the team. He's looking to be a steal of a deal from the seventh round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad