Confirmed with Link: Oilers acquire Mark Fraser from Leafs for Cameron Abney and Teemu Hartikainen.

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010
Woo? Dont know how I feel because I try to not watch the oilers as much as I can.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can someone give a quick overview of the guys coming in?

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Cap dump?

No issues here. Fraser likely peaked last season. Reverted back to AHL form this year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cool. Teemu Hartikainen is a solid checking line prospect. Not sure if he'll have much of a future here though.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Hartokainen is a top 6 forward in the KHL, returned there this year after 3 seasons split between Edmonton and the AHL. A pretty good AHL scorer too, never really did much when he got called up, but has some potential. Still just 23 years old.

And despite what Fraser did for us last year, I would have traded him for a bag of pucks.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hartikainen is a good 4th line energy agitator IIRC .. Although he's in Russia now, I wonder if the Leafs simply retain his rights?

Not sure about Abney (edit) looks like he'll be another set of fists for the Marlies :laugh:

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
Love his move!! I live close to Edmonton so I watched Teemu play a few times, was quite good but obviously young and needed some fix ups. He left for the KHL it appears, I thought he was with the Barons... Hmm... As long as they can get him to come back to North America this is a great move.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I wish Fraser luck, great guy and battled hard despite his gaffs. Hope he does well in Edmonton.

As for the return....who?

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
Ahh this worries me a tad bit, i'm questioning depth atm, after Ranger we have... Brenan(Who I think should get a look).
Anyone know how this Hartikainen is ? Its like if heard his name before...

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Abney is at best an AHL tough guy, and I mean at BEST.

Teemu is a Komarov replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad