Post-Game Talk: Oilers 5 Ducks 3 - Oilers take 1-0 Series lead

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
If the Oilers can win any 2 of the 4 games in Anaheim they win the series. I think Anaheim can and likely will win 1 in Edmonton but for them to win 2 or 3 in Edmonton would be very unlikely.
Tomorrows game will be the hardest game to win in Anaheim IMO.

Yeah, that's going to be a ***** of a game I think. Sort of like after the Oilers won game 3 and the Sharks went ballistic in game 4

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
after game 1 it looks like we might be just the opponent to sweep them. You got a player they MUST stop in McDavid, but with Drai right next to him. Most of all, we have one of the best PPs in the league, and even if you get away with 90% of the little holds and slashes you will still get called on some of them. So what do they pick? Do they slash and hold McDavid but get calls against them, or do they let McDavid actually play hockey? Neither option puts them ahead.

I guess that is why you call yourself mr positive lol There is no way Edmonton is sweeping the Ducks and for anyone to say that after one game is laughable. Teams make adjustements after every game. The OIlers will be very luck to win a seven games series with the Ducks and i hope they are up for the challenge. One game means nothing.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If the Oilers can win any 2 of the 4 games in Anaheim they win the series. I think Anaheim can and likely will win 1 in Edmonton but for them to win 2 or 3 in Edmonton would be very unlikely.
Tomorrows game will be the hardest game to win in Anaheim IMO.

Of course it's going to be the hardest game for the Oilers to win in Anaheim. If they win tomorrow the series is over. It might not be a sweep, but if the Oilers are up 2-0 coming home they'll get at least one here. This team won't give up a 3-1 lead.

The Ducks gotta know that tomorrow is do or die for them.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Everyone standing in front of Gibson watching Larsson glide in and bury that goal was a thing of beauty. What a play set up by Drai. Carlyle has his hands full trying to shut the top line down especially when the series shifts to Edmonton. Let's go oilers!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
CzMhIwO.gif

Anyone here read lips? I'd love to know what Getz and the linesman are saying.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Of course it's going to be the hardest game for the Oilers to win in Anaheim. If they win tomorrow the series is over. It might not be a sweep, but if the Oilers are up 2-0 coming home they'll get at least one here. This team won't give up a 3-1 lead.

Yeah...thats pretty obvious. I was addressing the comment about a sweep. Even if the Oilers win tomorrow (which I think is pretty unlikely) I still dont think they sweep the Ducks.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

You should know that it is never over no matter if the Oilers win or lose tomorrow. They still are fairly inexperienced. I would like to think that they are grown up fast but there will still be challenges they will face and test them. We can win two there and they can come here and win two here. The OIlers are still not a proven product, they are still learning. They have only played on series in the playoffs lol there is lots to learn yet, let us hope they keep passing the test.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
You should know that it is never over no matter if the Oilers win or lose tomorrow. They still are fairly inexperienced. I would like to think that they are grown up fast but there will still be challenges they will face and test them. We can win two there and they can come here and win two here. The OIlers are still not a proven product, they are still learning. They have only played on series in the playoffs lol there is lots to learn yet, let us hope they keep passing the test.

Negative nancy has joined the party

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
You should know that it is never over no matter if the Oilers win or lose tomorrow.
Is that really how best of seven series' work after the second game. Glad you told me what I should know. Never would have figured it out otherwise .:sarcasm:

They still are fairly inexperienced. I would like to think that they are grown up fast but there will still be challenges they will face and test them. We can win two there and they can come here and win two here.

Thanks Captain!

The OIlers are still not a proven product, they are still learning. They have only played on series in the playoffs lol there is lots to learn yet, let us hope they keep passing the test.

I get what 'can' happen. I do not see how the Oilers could 'reasonably. lose the series after taking the first two on the road.

See I used 'reasonably' there to hopefully avoid the obvious. i.e. I get that until a team has won four games of course the other team can come back. But what would make any one believe it could reasonably happen?

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Is that really how best of seven series' work after the second game. Glad you told me what I should know. Never would have figured it out otherwise .:sarcasm:

Thanks Captain!

I get what 'can' happen. I do not see how the Oilers could 'reasonably. lose the series after taking the first two on the road.

See I used 'reasonably' there to hopefully avoid the obvious. i.e. I get that until a team has won four games of course the other team can come back. But what would make any one believe it could reasonably happen?
Correct that the odds are likely the Oilers win the series if they go up 2 zip. I am just talking about the Oilers being an unproven playoff product still with only one series under their belt. If they win tomorrow then that will prove to me even more they are focused and ready for any challenge because you know the Ducks are giving their best tomorrow.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Correct that the odds are likely the Oilers win the series if they go up 2 zip. I am just talking about the Oilers being an unproven playoff product still with only one series under their belt. If they win tomorrow then that will prove to me even more they are focused and ready for any challenge because you know the Ducks are giving their best tomorrow.

We can only hope the Ducks come out playing like chippy jerk faces, get penalized early and the Oilers power play takes advantage. Plus McDavid and Talbot turn things up a notch. :)

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51

If we are 1-1 after tomorrow, my hunch is the series goes to game 7.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I guess that is why you call yourself mr positive lol There is no way Edmonton is sweeping the Ducks and for anyone to say that after one game is laughable. Teams make adjustements after every game. The OIlers will be very luck to win a seven games series with the Ducks and i hope they are up for the challenge. One game means nothing.

my logic is flawless! But seriously, there's a lot of grey when I use a word like "might." I gave a reason why we might sweep them. I'm not saying it's going to happen, or even that it's likely.

Bangers

May 31, 2006

I agree with this. If the Ducks win, they're back in the series - if they lose, I don't see that team having the mental fortitude to come back.

That's why I'm guessing the Ducks will win game 2.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
In a way, it's a massive game but I don't expect them to take this one. If they happen to, it's likely curtains for the Ducks. I just really wanted to steal one in Anaheim and this next game is almost stress free. Massive, massive win in game one.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
That was some serious garbage from their players at the end there. Seriously, nobody wanted anything to do with Kassian but instantly got all of their big boy pants on when it was Drake or Sekera. Would love to make them pay on the PP tomorrow and watch them start to boil over in frustration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad