Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Wild 1 - "Extremely a lot better"

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I like Bear.

McDavid has some potential, too.

Finally we see Nuge with McDavid. About time. Stay with that duo on the top line and see what they can do, and see how Drai settles at center on the 2nd line. Nothing to lose, so let's see what we can learn about how these guys perform in different roles. Bear just gets better and better.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's weird, but the only competition that seems to matter now is the art ross race for McDavid. Kind of similar to how Tampa rallied to get Stamkos to 60 goals that year, where the whole team sucked.

Although maybe getting to .500 might be a noble goal for us this season lol

Reactions: Aerrol and Shibumi

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Don’t like aberg on that top line, but he wasn’t as bad as lucic.

If you want speed on that line put slepy or jp there, at least they can score.

Nuge McDavid jp
Lucic Drai slepy
cammy strome aberg
Cagguila Khaira kassian

Please.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Agreed, Bear was no worse than our 3rd best defenceman tonight. Like a lot of what I’ve seen from him.

I’d like to see RNH-McDavid-Aberg stay together.

Like i said i think Aberg's speed is opening up the ice for McDavid cuz now you have to watch Aberg streaking down the wing with McDavid as well

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is a whole different team with competent special teams and goaltending.
special teams has been a massive handicap this year.

I am a preacher of patience with the team, but I got to say that special teams is usually a coaching issue.

If we do lose our legendarily horrid status on special teams this season I admit I'll be slightly disappointed.

Reactions: Aerrol and LaGu

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Like i said i think Aberg's speed is opening up the ice for McDavid cuz now you have to watch Aberg streaking down the wing with McDavid as well

A bit of wishful thinking IMO, what Aberg does do is make quick decisions and move the puck around quickly. That is why while he was the 3rd wheel on that top line he added a good component to it.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
3 McPoints.
Pull Camm off Drai line. Makes no sense to put 2 of the slowest players on the same line.
Bear continues to make an impact. Sorely needed a guy who moves the puck up quickly and that's exactly what he does.
What a save by Cam at the end there. YUGE.
Special teams were proper.
Didn't blow a 2 goal lead.
Eat it Dubby.

Reactions: LTIR

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Nuge stays with Connor we don't need to add a high end winger and Leon can be our big center to compliment Connor. We just need to five Leon a better RWer to help carry the puck a bit since that clearly isn't a strength of Looch. Bump Jesse up there for the remainder of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad