Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Sabres 3

Would Rieder have also missed that empty net?

• Total voters

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Let’s see if we can get on a run here.

Sekera is making Benning look serviceable.
Benning has learned to draw a forward towards him then pass back to Sekera so that he has time and space to make a breakout. Sekera is making him look ok.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Kirby Dach, we hardly knew you.
I have to be honest, as someone who's watched him a lot this year in Saskatoon, I'm not wild about him. He puts up a point or two at the start of the night, and then just kind of hangs out for the rest of the game. I'm also not sure if he will be able to use his size to his advantage in the pros, like he does in junior.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Nice win gang. I think the first organization to get competent management and coaching wins the Cup first. I am not confident the Pegulas will ever realize they are in over their heads so I think you guys may be the clubhouse leader. Fun banter. Good luck the rest of the way and stay healthy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pominville and Skinner gut out the win for the Oilers. lol.

That was not a good finish. Sabres screwed 3 easy goals there towards the end. Frankly I've never seen what Pominville did just there. I'm still wondering. I really didn't even know it was possible to shoot and save the same puck. That's seriously f***ed up, haha.

Lol that Drai gets the discards like Chiasson and Gagner to play with in all waiver type line and he makes them look like our first line. They were dominant. Meanwhile Nuge invisible, on top line, apparently there to f*** up our offense. He's been a joke now for around a dozen games. Season can't end fast enough for Nuge, apparently.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Have we sent out a search party for Nuge yet?

Haven't seen him in over a week.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Pominville and Skinner gut out the win for the Oilers. lol.

That was not a good finish. Sabres screwed 3 easy goals there towards the end. Frankly I've never seen what Pominville did just there. I'm still wondering. I really didn't even know it was possible to shoot and save the same puck. That's seriously ****ed up, haha.

Lol that Drai gets the discards like Chiasson and Gagner to play with in all waiver type line and he makes them look like our first line. They were dominant. Meanwhile Nuge invisible, on top line, apparently there to **** up our offense. He's been a joke now for around a dozen games. Season can't end fast enough for Nuge, apparently.
To be fair Chiasson and Gagner aren't far off from Nuge the way he's playing right now.

Kassian has been great though.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What was McDavid thinking though.
You could see as soon as it came off his stick that it was going to miss.
Why not just skate it to the net. Could have had himself another three point night.

Reactions: Cypress

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To be fair Chiasson and Gagner aren't far off from Nuge the way he's playing right now.

Kassian has been great though.

Far off? Both are better options at this point. Nuge should be doing some bottomsix as a message. Absolutely zero intensity.

4pts in last 11GP and -7 to boot. Plus he gets setup like crazy. McD set him up for easy goals twice tonight. He flubbed up both of them. Meanwhile Nuge is creating nothing and being a non entity in own zone. Really he just stares at opponents as they walk him and get off shots.

Kass was good and bad. he single handedly created the 3-1 Sabres goal by an awful shot that went way wide and put ALL forwards, including him, out of the play. I can't describe how flamingly stupid I thought that play was. All he did with the goal was get back to evens in my book. While playing on the top line all night. Kass has too much junk in his game to be doing this topline gig for long. McD was furious after that 3-1 goal as well and should be.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
What was McDavid thinking though. You could see as soon as it came off his stick that it was going to miss.
Why not just skate it to the net. Could have had himself another three point night.

I bet he never makes the same mistake again. That was brutal though.

Reactions: harpoon

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What was McDavid thinking though. You could see as soon as it came off his stick that it was going to miss.
Today is exactly 146 months since the Patrik Stefan play (January 4, 2007). He wasn't going to score regardless of when he shot it.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Post-game thread seems quiet again. Why is it always like this after a win?

aim-low.jpg

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Meanwhile Nuge is creating nothing
This is really the point. He can't create. All the stuff about intensity and defensive acumen is just noise. A FOA veteran guy should be able to create something once in a while. In the playoffs last year when Eberle got crucified and then traded for not scoring, I was thinking 'how in the hell are you going to score with a center whose go to play is stick handle through the neutral zone and then do a weak dump in'. I like Nuge. He seems like a really good person and teammate. However he cant create any offense at all. Its not being mean or picking on him to point that out.

Reactions: Messrules11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad