Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Flames 0 - McDavid Hatty

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Bottom line in this game:
The best forward of the game: McDavid
The best defenseman of the game: Klefbom
The best goalie of the game: Talbot (Smith was good, but can't argue with a shut-out on opening night)
Best line: McDavid, Maroon, Draisaitl
Best D pairing: Klefbom - Larsson

It's an Oilers sweep!

Flames had no answers, and they looked SLOW. They couldn't generate hardly any good chances, especially when Klefbom and Larsson were on the ice (they were GOOOOOD!). Klefbom was so dominant all night, and I can't tell you how excited I am to see how good he's going to be this season. His Corsi must've been crazy good, but he looked even better with the ol' eye test. Oh, and McDavid looks even faster (if that's even possible) and his shot is definitely better!

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

Reactions: Ol' Jase

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
What a way to start the season! A hatty and a shut-out! Plus the Lames lost, This is the best day of my life!

Reactions: Aerrol

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Ultimate troll move to start Brossoit on Saturday night?

So much for the MFin Flames being the best Canadian team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What....A.....Clinic.

I know all the talk will center around McDavid and the top line but that was a full team effort, a Cup contender level performance. I especially want to give props to a guy who has received a lot of heat especially from me and that's Nuge, he was fantastic in all areas of the ice and deserved a couple of points at least. So happy right now, perfect opening night.

Oh and Mike Smith... I have two words for you....

suck-it.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad