David Perron
Benoit Pouliot
Jesse Joensuu
Luke Gazdic

Right Wing

Jordan Eberle
Nail Yakupov
Teddy Purcell

I'm probably one the few that honestly believe that the rebuild started in 2010, and the entire roster since then has been completely overhauled.

So on paper, how would you compare our current roster compared to 5 years ago?

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Are you happy in what we have now compared to 5 years ago?

For starters.....I'm freaking grateful we have the roster we have right now.

4mYD13u.gif

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
So how do the lines look now?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arco-Yak
Pouliot-Lander-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

?

I would honestly put Draisatl over Lander if we are going with what we currently have.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
I'm really happy with how this teams looks on paper. The only problem is every year the Oilers manage to disappoint me once the season starts. We just need one more centre.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Goalies - ? - Leaning towards 2015 even though they played pretty good to finish out the season there are still question marks if they can do well for a full season.

Defense - 2010 - Both have promising young players but in 2010 we had 2 players on the back end who were All Stars/Olympians. 2015 has the potential to be better then those players (especially considering how many of them have done since 2010) but they haven't proven that yet.

Left Wings - 2015 - All the 2010 team really had going for them that years was Penner. Perron alone is as good as Penner, but then yu add in Hall and 2015 wins by a long shot.

Right Wing - 2015 - Eberle > Hemsky, Purcell = Pisani, Yakupov > Stortini.

Centres - ? - Looking at the top 4 each there are just too many Question marks at this point. On paper 2010 had the more established names in Horcoff and Comrie plus then the young players in Gagner and Cogliano. 2015 has potentially the best player in RNH and High hopes for LD, but with Gordon and Hendricks, we know what we get with them.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Or do you mix it up a bit and switch around the top 3 RW?

Probably, and from what I've listened on radio and read in articles, Mac-T wants to run with 3 scoring lines with the 4th as a energy/grit/utility line

I would guess...

1st Scoring Line

2A Scoring Line

2B Scoring line

3rd Energy Line

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
So how do the lines look now?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arco-Yak
Pouliot-Lander-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

?

Our wingers actually look pretty damn good if Yakupov isn't a weak spot next season.

But that center depth looks horrendous after RNH. I'd rather put Draisaitl in and sign a 2C to push Arco Lander out of the NHL lineup.

One of Legwand, Jokinen, or Grabovski.... Please MacT.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Goalies - ? - Leaning towards 2015 even though they played pretty good to finish out the season there are still question marks if they can do well for a full season.

Defense - 2010 - Both have promising young players but in 2010 we had 2 players on the back end who were All Stars/Olympians. 2015 has the potential to be better then those players (especially considering how many of them have done since 2010) but they haven't proven that yet.

Left Wings - 2015 - All the 2010 team really had going for them that years was Penner. Perron alone is as good as Penner, but then yu add in Hall and 2015 wins by a long shot.

Right Wing - 2015 - Eberle > Hemsky, Purcell = Pisani, Yakupov > Stortini.

Centres - ? - Looking at the top 4 each there are just too many Question marks at this point. On paper 2010 had the more established names in Horcoff and Comrie plus then the young players in Gagner and Cogliano. 2015 has potentially the best player in RNH and High hopes for LD, but with Gordon and Hendricks, we know what we get with them.

2015 actually has 2 Olympians on defense as well

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The 2009-10 roster wins only if there are NHL scouts in the crowd, because that means thecaptainethanmoreau will be trying extra hard.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
My lineup next year:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-FA add-Yak
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Marincin-Petry
Nikitin-Fayne
Ference-Schultz
Aulie/Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Actually very happy with this roster, probably the deepest we have had in awhile. Obviously this is pending who we add at 2C.

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
That roster. Wow.

Those were dark days. The 3 headed goalie, thecaptainEthanMoreau, POS floating, Lubo getting traded away, huggybear antics. "It wasn't that hard", Joe Thornton said.

One thing I do miss is Penner that year. I don't know what Pat Quinn did, but whatever it was, it's what he needed. Shades of Mahovlich

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Ugh, POS... disliked him so much. Can't forget huggybear either. That roster was a nightmare..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad