Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Canucks 1 (Brock Boeser)

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013
Fire JB
Fire TG
Trade EP
Trade QH
Trade BH
Trade CG
Trade TD
Trade BB
Trade JTM

that should net you 5 first round picks, 3 second round picks and a bunch of third and fourth round picks. Blow it up, rebuild with a new core. This core hates each other and is rotten
99% of the shit you post is nonsense (you've been doing it so long too, I swear it's an act or a parody account) but I do wonder about the "team hates each other" thing, only because I think most of us can sense there's something going on other than a struggling hockey team. You had Schmidt and Edler want the hell out, Miller last year was sulking, there's all the issues with Pettersson etc. etc. We've attributed it to annoyance at the management of the team (letting Tanev, Toffoli walk) and stuff like that but I can't help but feel like there's something else. There's smoke there for sure and a severe lack of chemistry sort of fits the bill.

Reactions: Indiana

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
For anyone complaining that our players have underperformed our XG, we have the exact same goals saved above expected.

So it’s a net neutral

They’re just not very good rn

Tuesday is a huge game to calm the narratives.

Reactions: Indiana

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
For anyone complaining that our players have underperformed our XG, we have the exact same goals saved above expected.

So it’s a net neutral

Havent we over performed our xG though? So really we are primed for regression if anything.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Havent we over performed our xG though? So really we are primed for regression if anything.
No, pretty sure the stats I saw today were that we were underperforming our XG by 5.3 and overperforming our XGA by… 5.3

Sounds too coincidental to be the same value so I’m probably mixed up here.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

So it’s a net neutral

Uhhhh but slumps
Uhhh but Im suprised
Uhhh but Luongo recapture!

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
99% of the shit you post is nonsense (you've been doing it so long too, I swear it's an act or a parody account) but I do wonder about the "team hates each other" thing, only because I think most of us can sense there's something going on other than a struggling hockey team. You had Schmidt and Edler want the hell out, Miller last year was sulking, there's all the issues with Pettersson etc. etc. We've attributed it to annoyance at the management of the team (letting Tanev, Toffoli walk) and stuff like that but I can't help but feel like there's something else. There's smoke there for sure and a severe lack of chemistry sort of fits the bill.

Lack of chemistry is small issue a good coach always has that figured out during training camp should be enough to sort most of that out. Its more system and confusing ways to adapt new defensive systems that is left them lost .
The coaching and team have to be all in as of today thats not working , they are not top contenders but enough talent to make any opponents work hard if they play well and win enough to be in contention for a playoff spot

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
All the off season talk about brad Shaw has certainly quieted down

Well the backend has been fine for the most part. Its out forwards that look like they’re still asleep enjoying the offseason

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gillis mortgaged their future is the CDC another excuse. They conveniently gloss over that DimJim traded away more 1st round picks than Nonis & Gillis combined.
The team was never competitive under Gillis tho, Benning traded 1sts cause its different

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
How sad is this? Demko is 10th, team is still getting trashed. Holtby is 2nd, ROFL!
FCeYWL7XsAkppGm

Reactions: Nucker101

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
How does lack of coaching competency translate into a lack of cohesion and gelling?

thats code for a cluster f on the ice

Kraken have a 100 percent new roster and do not pay to the cap…. Same record as 5 year cap max Geeen

oh and Vegas went to the finals with their lack of cohesion team

gotta love the Green Koolaid drinkers out there

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

So you’re saying I’m right.

Feb 20, 2013
You are including the most successfull era of the franchise in your 15 years of ineptitude? Thats one heck of a take.

It should be obvious that I am talking about the Aquilini era. Much as in politics, where the current state of a country should be attributed to its leader 4-5 years ago, the state of a franchise should be judged 4-5 years after a given owner or GM takes the reigns. The foundation for the success of 2010 was laid long before 2010. And the foundations for its demise were laid during the Canuck's reign as Western Conference Champions.

The most important time in a franchise's history is the 3-5 year span when they are at their peak. A team has to trade their older players when they have the highest value. Not doing so and attempting to hold on to ageing stars cripples the rebuild. If done correctly a team should acquire ~a good prospect and one up and-coming player for each of their stars and may only suffer a couple of down years.

The Canucks were never properly dismantled and have therefore been stuck in the rebuilding phase for far too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad