Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Canucks 0 - Talbot with the shutout

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Solid win. Unspectacular, but solid.

Talbot was great, although the Oilers as a whole did a great job of limiting scoring chances. A tonne of perimeter shots that Talbot handled without any difficulty.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
giphy.gif

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Really impressed with Reinhart tonight. He was shutting down everything near him.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Not getting swept by the western Canadian teams is a nice change for this season compared to the last.

Vancouver is bad and is going to be bad for a long time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With our injuries it makes sense to play a simple boring game. It was a well coached game, and Talbot was very good even though the game was well tempered

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
good solid win. Really impressed with Talbot's game tonight and makes me much more at ease that Chia signed him already.

Kassian was meh and took a really stupid penalty.

Overall, I can live with these type wins next year if it means fighting for a playoff spot.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The Canucks had some of the worst puck management in their own zone I've seen all year from a team. The number of turnovers they committed in their own end was mind numbing lol, and takeaways seemed so easy for Oiler forwards. The tiniest amount of forecheck pressure and the Canucks would give up the puck.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Really impressed with Reinhart tonight. He was shutting down everything near him.

Yeah, he's been really good since he got called up. He thinks the game very well out there.

I'm not sure he's got a super high ceiling. But his floor seems to be at the very least a 4/5 defensive d-man.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yeah, he's been really good since he got called up. He thinks the game very well out there.

I'm not sure he's got a super high ceiling. But his floor seems to be at the very least a 4/5 defensive d-man.

I feel like Reinhart is one of the few D who can pass the puck through the neutral zone.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Reinhart finally flashed some of that potential.

I liked the three scoring lines approach better than the loaded Draisaitl-RNH-Hall line. That being said, they should get a few games to develop chemistry.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Darn. I meant to watch it but got busy. Saw the last 2 mins at least with Nuge lookling pretty solid, Hall being Hall awesome, and some toejam football from Talbot.

Glad they won.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

It's almost as if he was able to get out of his own head and just play, now that he doesn't have all the pressure to live up to expectations on him. Phenomenal game from the Griffmeister tonight.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The Canucks are a way different team than they have been the past years.

That's gotta be one of the easiest 40 save shutouts a goalie has ever had. Talbot only had to make 3-4 great saves that game. Good on him. He looks like a legitimate top 10 goalie in the NHL the past few months. Sublime play.

Oesterle aside from one gaff in our own zone looked solid as usual. I'm telling you give this guy a few seasons in the NHL and he's going to be a big time puck moving defenceman. I have more faith in him than any of our D sans Davidson. He shows more offensive flash than Davy and is always looking up ice to make those nice passes to our forwards.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I don't think we were even on our game much and the line combos were weird, but I wasn't unsure about this one. We had so many chances to start off. Markstrom played well.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The Canucks are a way different team than they have been the past years.

That's gotta be one of the easiest 40 save shutouts a goalie has ever had. Talbot only had to make 3-4 great saves that game. Good on him. He looks like a legitimate top 10 goalie in the NHL the past few months. Sublime play.

Oesterle aside from one gaff in our own zone looked solid as usual. I'm telling you give this guy a few seasons in the NHL and he's going to be a big time puck moving defenceman. I have more faith in him than any of our D sans Davidson. He shows more offensive flash than Davy and is always looking up ice to make those nice passes to our forwards.
I could see him peaking at a 2nd line version of Keith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad