Oiler Player Nicknames

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I heard Russel refer to Bomber and Drats in his post game interview. Drats is obviously Draisaitl and Bomber is Klefbom (took me a few minutes to figure that one out but seems pretty obvious afert the fact). Are there any other nicknames that the players call eachother? I’m pretty sure they don’t call McDavid McJesus (at least I hope not).

I like Drats. Reminds me of Slats.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I heard Russel refer to Bomber and Drats in his post game interview. Drats is obviously Draisaitl and Bomber is Klefbom (took me a few minutes to figure that one out but seems pretty obvious afert the fact). Are there any other nicknames that the players call eachother? I’m pretty sure they don’t call McDavid McJesus (at least I hope not).

I like Drats. Reminds me of Slats.

Reggie = Sekera
Talbs
Ebs
Poo
Big Rig
Looch
Hendo
Kass
JJ = Kharia

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
Does anyone know where these ones come from?

Is Big Rig just becasue he's big and plays in Alberta, or did he have that name in Anaheim (where Rig may be in reference to a truck)?

Reggie is from the "Rej" in Andrej I believe. No clue about where Big Rig comes from.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Who is Big Earl? I saw the hockey sticks with that name on it during one game where they panned over the bench... maybe it was Big Rig?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
We should start calling Larrson Ragnarök because he signals the end of the rush for opposing forwards. Plus he's been a rock back there.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
I have a feeling the next Oiler's nickname will be "Jordy" or Stall-sie". Something super-unoriginal like that.

I'm flabbergasted that Coach Koala managed to bastardize Andrej Sekera to Reji. That takes some nerve to start that. Good on him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I have a feeling the next Oiler's nickname will be "Jordy" or Stall-sie". Something super-unoriginal like that.

I'm flabbergasted that Coach Koala managed to bastardize Andrej Sekera to Reji. That takes some nerve to start that. Good on him.

A coach in Buffalo gave him that nickname years and years ago if I'm remembering correctly.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
A coach in Buffalo gave him that nickname years and years ago if I'm remembering correctly.

Because hockey players and coaches are painful dullards when it comes to nicknames.

Maybe 80% of player nicknames = player last name plus y or sy? Really?

see what I did there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad