Oiler Parades

Comic Book Guy*

I wasn't in the country when the Oilers won their cups in the 80-90s. Do you know where their parade route is?

What are they like? Is it anything like Whyte Ave circa 2006?

Comic Book Guy*

QMI-ES-May-22-1984-Stanley-Cup-Parade-08-original.jpg

I'm confused cuz that does not look like Jasper Avenue...

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Pretty sure it was straight down Jasper and up 82nd Ave to Commonwealth Stadium where there were 50,000+ fans waiting inside.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
The first one in 1984 actually started in the far reaches of Edmonton. Bus's were flipped, Bus drivers were intoxicated, anyone who had a car was drinking and driving, along with the 8 people they shoved in. It ended on Jasper avenue with half my buddy's in High School getting beat up by cops.

The next one saw Giant golf balls rolling down Jasper ave, Hextall effigies being hung and burned, and stupid people like myself wearing a Philly Jersey being chased down the block by rampaging fans. A number of Philly fans had their jersey's ripped off of them and stomped into the ground while having beer thrown at us by vehicles passing by.

As for the actual parade...haven't got a clue. :D

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
QMI-ES-May-22-1984-Stanley-Cup-Parade-08-original.jpg

I'm confused cuz that does not look like Jasper Avenue...

It's not, just by the background I can see my old apartment building which was on 99st just off Jasper and they're south of that. Location of the picture I'm guessing around where Telus Field is now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think they had a parade for the 1990 Cup, they had a rally at the football stadium instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad