Oiler Broadcasts on SN360?

Koto

May 3, 2011
so i noticed that in the schedule the oilers have on there website, and as was published in a paper i was reading, that the oilers will have games on SN360, what is strange about this is that this is the only sports channel that i have that is in SD.

TSN 1-5, SNW, SN1, and generally when they have been on SNOilers are all in HD, but SN360 is not.

Is this the case for anyone else? I'm with shaw.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Yup the new NHL deal is gonna cost me 10 bucks more a month for the hockey season.
70 bucks a year.

I absolutely hate the way cable companies sell their content.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yup the new NHL deal is gonna cost me 10 bucks more a month for the hockey season.
70 bucks a year.

This is part of why I was not impressed when I heard about the 12 year announcement for Sportsnet to broadcast NHL nockey. The 1st reason I was not impressed was that it was Sportsnet and the 2nd reason was that a contract of that magnitude implies extra costs for the consumer so Sportsnet can make their money back.

So prior to the Sportsnet deal we could watch NHL hockey with no added costs....now you must pay extra for a lower quality production.

Good times. :help:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
70 bucks a year.

And this is only year one of the deal. Won't take long for Rogers to have games spread out onto several specialty channels that all cost extra.

This was predicted by a lot of us, mainly falling upon the deaf ears of the masses that thought this was going to be some glorious new golden age of NHL hockey coverage.

5cupstandard

Dec 19, 2010
For anyone looking for alternatives for cable do some research into xbmc. It installs on any computer or tablet and is free. I use navi-x and cane watch sportsnet from anywhere with an internet connection on my ipad... In hd too!!!

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
70 bucks a year.

This is part of why I was not impressed when I heard about the 12 year announcement for Sportsnet to broadcast NHL nockey. The 1st reason I was not impressed was that it was Sportsnet and the 2nd reason was that a contract of that magnitude implies extra costs for the consumer so Sportsnet can make their money back.

So prior to the Sportsnet deal we could watch NHL hockey with no added costs....now you must pay extra for a lower quality production.

Good times.
:help:
TSN2 was an extra cost and so is the NHL Network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad