OT: Oil Change 2015/16?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Does anyone know if they will be back this year? Because when its all said and done, I really want to see the behind the scenes of this unbelievable transformation that recently occurred. This is the type of events I want to see, they really need to come back and show us what they've documented.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
It'd be so good for this year, even non fans would have to watch an episode or two

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I agree with everything above.
They need to do it.
Our fans need to see this amazing transformation.

I think from here up to the draft should be released from August till the start of training camp.
There's probably a lot going on right now that they don't want to share with the public. Probably a lot of stuff that's still up in the air. Once everything is drawn out well I imagine they'll give us a peek at something because it won't leave us with as many questions or doubts.

I really want to see a bunch of stuff from the upcoming training camp, but I kinda doubt I'll see what I want to see. I noticed that there have been no shortage of young players who've had little to no problems acclimating to the NHL and I think a lot of that is because of McLennan. I'd really like to see/hear about this process, but I doubt we'll see that much.

Nelson was awesome because the players were not afraid of making mistakes while playing with him. It brought back Yak's confidence instantly. I'm just as excited to see what McLennan will get out of Yak as I am to see what Mcdavid is going to do next season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think they should hold off. It puts undue pressure on a young team. Collect video footage through out the year and release it once the season is over.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It was a joke the first time when the Taylor Hall hype train was in full effect.

Let it die.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
It was a joke the first time when the Taylor Hall hype train was in full effect.

Let it die.

lol, I find that really funny because I doubt it will. This is the type of stories that people want to see documented and want to look back years from now to see where everything started to transform. Love it or hate it. It is historical records of our team. Also I'm curious if we will ever see a movie now considering where Katz is expanding his business.

Oilers owner Daryl Katz now in the movie business.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/oilers-owner-daryl-katz-now-in-the-movie-business-1.3051438

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Oil Change turned into an embarrassment because the on-ice product was beyond terrible. Yet Oil Change had to continue the charade of being upbeat and positive. It was beyond cringe worthy.

I'd prefer the Oilers leave the hokey reality tv gig to someone else.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Oil Change turned into an embarrassment because the on-ice product was beyond terrible. Yet Oil Change had to continue the charade of being upbeat and positive. It was beyond cringe worthy.

I'd prefer the Oilers leave the hokey reality tv gig to someone else.

Huh? You lost me. I was talking about seeing the behind the scenes of winning the Draft Lottery, the hiring of Chiarelli, the hunt for Mclellan at the worlds and seeing Eberle and Hall with their gold medals. The hiring of Mclellan and the eventual draft in Florida.
All that is definitely not cringe worthy and expecting the same results considering the transformation and the eventual player we will are going to get is fascinating. I can stomach the past cringe-worthy years because it is the eventual turn around that oil change was meant to document. Why quit now when things are just getting started. Plus its a entertainment business. I want to see the results of the oilers being lost in the wilderness for 9 years.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Wouldn't be surprised to see another oil change season launched. I think Katz like the smart business man he is, is going to try to make maximum profit over his current situation.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
No thanks, more Katz/Lowe propaganda is the last thing we need to see.

Focus on winning some hockey games. No more excuses.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
It's pretty funny looking back at the management at dinner the night before that 2010 draft. Katz is toasting, Lowe is making jokes telling Tambo to "clean up the mess", etc.

They thought it would be a quick fix lol.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Now I think would be the best time to do a Oil Change. Getting Connor McDavid a franchise player, the new arena coming, the new coaches/management. Maybe a few Oilers will make the World Cup Of Hockey in 2016. They could also talk about Eberle and Halls excellent play at this years WHC. I do like the backstage footage it's cool to watch but now I think is the time to have some real optimism while in the past season of Oil Change the optimism seemed like a joke and made the Oilers franchise look delusional.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I think they should hold off. It puts undue pressure on a young team. Collect video footage through out the year and release it once the season is over.

i always felt that THIS is how it should have been done in the first place.
i care about the season more than the behind the scenes crap. let the players do the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00