Oil 2014 1st round pick

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
I saw somewhere where someone suggested that they trade it but I personnally think its absurd. Yes we got some depth down the middle now but no clear cut 2C. Next years is deep in that position and here's a list:

Dal Colle
Reinhart - could fall
Virtanen - would be a good fit
Cornel
Gardiner

Also, if JayBo worth a 1st rounder as a rental isnt Hemsky at least worth something close. Dont start with the injury issue Jaybo didnt do jack squat to help the Flames or Blues in the past few years.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
J-Bo stays healthy, plays a ton of minutes and is a very effective player.

Hemsky has a hard time staying healthy and has a hard time producing for his salary and has been a fairly easy player to play up against over the past few years.

Hemsky is worth a 2nd rounder.

Oct 15, 2008
Virtanen is winger. You left out Leon Draisaitl who could be the best out of all those guys. I expect us to be in and around the lottery next year so I agree that moving our first could be disastrous.

hemskysuncle

Nov 2, 2007
J-Bo stays healthy, plays a ton of minutes and is a moderately effective player.

Hemsky has a hard time staying healthy and has a hard time producing for his salary and has been a fairly easy player to play up against over the past few years.

fixed

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i love Virtanen i have seen him several times and he is a very effective player. but i would trade the pick if it was in exchange for a true #1 G or a #1/2 dman, obviously it would be a package of some sort

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Isn't Nylander playing center? I know he's listed a center but I have not followed him this year except checking up on his stats from time to time.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Sure next year is good but the year after that is the Connor Mcdavid draft right? :sarcasm:

Trading the draft pick is risky but for the right piece it could be worthwhile, you have to look at the individual trade proposal to see if it works. Chances are the pick will be in the lottery next season so you dont want to give it up for less than a major piece.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we trade the 1st rounder from next year it will be to bring depth and a very good player to this team now.

Not like we are suggesting moving it for a 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and a 7th.

cbear42

Sep 1, 2008
I love it! The dust hasn't even settled from this years draft and already discussing next years pick :)

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
We will be awarded with high pick again

We should keep our first rounder. I believe it is between 8-12. I hope we can trade Hemsky and Nick Schultz. We can get at least more 2nd round picks and chance to pick in the range of 3-7.

MacT has proved with his comments and actions during the draft that he is not only a rookie GM but novice. So this team will suck also next year and hopefully MacT and Klowe will be fired.

MacT can prove me wrong only by acquiring some UFAs who can play and then over achieve.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
J-Bo stays healthy, plays a ton of minutes and is a very effective player.

Hemsky has stayed relatively healthy the last 2 years.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Same response I had last year. If we can find a quality, young player that can become part of our core going forward, I have no problem with moving our 1st. Last year there was a lot of Subban/O'Reilly chatter and I was all for that. If we can find those kind of pieces, I would hope MacT would be interested.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Virtanen is winger. You left out Leon Draisaitl who could be the best out of all those guys. I expect us to be in and around the lottery next year so I agree that moving our first could be disastrous.

Count me in for either of those guys, especially the 'German Gretzky', Virtanen has a nice edge to his game too.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
I think you have to wait until after the free agency period and the hopeful Horc/Hemmer trades to see what our line up looks like going in to next season before you think about trading the pick.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Trade it if it makes us better now. Paajarvi, Marincin, 2014 1st for Vanek. Steep price for a guy only signed for next year, but gives us a year to negotiate an extension. Doesn't play very aggressive but good size and always goes to the net. Would look good with Nuge and Ebs.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
If Virtanen decides to give a damn every shift this year, he and Drasaitl will dominate the Dub this year, imo. They're both unbelievable talents.

Personally, though, at this point, I'm hoping to have no shot at them come draft time next year. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad