OHL Trades 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Here's a question.

What exactly is a gold education package ?

I've followed the OHL keenly since 1989, have read about gold packages yet the league makes no mention on their site.
Does anyone have specifics, what does it include, who's eligible, is there a limit on how many a team can offer.
And most importantly , where did you find the information ?

TIA.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Yep...you're right. They circumvent every rule and actually have their own set of rules..in fact...it's free reign..they can do whatever they want. Actually..players call them and ask if they can play there..they don't even have a scouting staff. Player's families actually PAY the Knights to play in London.

Come on, PP. I know you're being facetious, but Diaero made none of those claims, and was reasonably generous in his assessment. When you make posts like this that are obvious strawman arguments, you bring nothing to the discussion.

Here's a long post I wrote last year about why the "London is hardworking" defense doesn't really hold up. Some London fans and others made some pretty good counterpoints that I'd encourage people to read, as well. I'd revise some of my stances based on what I know now, but I think it's still generally a good encapsulation of how I feel about the London phenomenon. I just don't particularly want to get into it again.

If people really want to have the "London y/n?" discussion, though, I imagine that it, too, deserves its own topic.

Come on, PP. I know you're being facetious, but Diaero made none of those claims, and was reasonably generous in his assessment. When you make posts like this that are obvious strawman arguments, you bring nothing to the discussion.

Here's a long post I wrote last year about why the "London is hardworking" defense doesn't really hold up. Some London fans and others made some pretty good counterpoints that I'd encourage people to read, as well. I'd revise some of my stances based on what I know now, but I think it's still generally a good encapsulation of how I feel about the London phenomenon. I just don't particularly want to get into it again.

If people really want to have the "London y/n?" discussion, though, I imagine that it, too, deserves its own topic.
Actually...it's gotten to the point where the Knights actually don't have to work as hard as they used to...that part of my comment wasn't facetious. They did the leg work early on in the Hunter's tenure....now it actually is much easier to get talent here. They still flip every stone, but when they have the tools and the draw they do..it's much easier than a club that can barely scrape 1200 fans per game at times. My reply to Diaero was mainly a middle finger post.

As for your prior long winded post from earlier last year...I've read it a few times. Spot on in many areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad