Prospect Info: OHL Prospects Review

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yep. I'm spoiled. I expect our top picks to be stars, heck, with Hextall running the show, I expect ALL our draft picks to be stars. :handclap:

Different strokes for different players.

I expect Ratcliffe to take longer to develop than Frost, b/c a lot of his game will wait for him to fill out so he can be a true PF. As a PF he's behind Allison and Strome, but he has the skate skill they lack (especially Strome, of course).

Whereas I expect Frost to show his offensive skills first, and gradually develop more of a two way game as he fills out. In juniors, a guy with exceptional speed and vision should stand out because there's more room to work your magic.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I am gonna grab centre ice, and get a 10 pack of ohl streams. Our prospect pool in the Ohl is pretty dynamic, wanna watch these guys develop, probably 3 Guelph, 3 ssm and figure out the other 4

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I think I lost the point of this back-and-forth about ten posts ago. At this point, one guy is just throwing examples at a bunch of other guys who are also throwing examples back at him. All of which pertain to an argument that doesn't make sense to begin with.

Never argue with a fool. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wasn't sure what was going on in this thread to keep it active, and now I wish I hadn't checked.

These arbitrary deadline and performance thresholds are mind numbing.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I wasn't sure what was going on in this thread to keep it active, and now I wish I hadn't checked.

These arbitrary deadline and performance thresholds are mind numbing.

I know, pretty pointless when nobody on here had really seen Morgan Frost or some of the others at all until they were drafted.

I was thinking, though, that the Flyers' OHL prospect list is probably better than some other teams' top 5 prospects list.... ;)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If performance doesn't matter, why is the running thread of prospect statistics one of the most viewed threads during the season?

Trust me, when your girl friend says performance doesn't matter, she's lying - same with hockey fans.

Now performance has to be put into perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad