OHL Power Rankings (Week 4)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hey Guys. Macker has the Otters in the 8-hole with a 9-1-1 record. There has to be a reason. I haven't seent hem play this year. Has their schedule been soft? Are they simply playing above their heads?

Thoughts?

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Hey Guys. Macker has the Otters in the 8-hole with a 9-1-1 record. There has to be a reason. I haven't seent hem play this year. Has their schedule been soft? Are they simply playing above their heads?

Thoughts?

They have beaten sarnia, Windsor 2 times and Niagara (I know they aren't the best) 2 times. Dropped 2 games this weekend largely due to not finishing chances. Outplayed Kingston though. Saginaw they had their worst game of the year and yet still had plenty of chances to win. 8 seems way to low but if these are rankings based on a week to week basis I get it.. They had a bad week. Overall though they still should be in the top 3.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I rank the teams more or less on a week to week bases, the Otters are a good deep, fairly deep and getting good goaltending from Williams and Lawr. But dropping games to Kingston and Saginaw this weekend with other teams either going undefeated or picking up 2 of 3 I dropped them down some.

I more or less rank on a week to week scale, but teams who have been solid all season like an Erie.. London.. Barrie... wont fall to far usually even if they do go winless or 1 for 3 over a weekend.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
An yeah Hockeye I agre they are still a top 3 team in the grand scheme of things IMO.

It's hard not to give Kitchener love as the number one team in the grade scheme of things, Kingston has a solid record an has beat some good teams, but there largely a one line team getting timely contributions and good goaltending. I'd have my top five as Kitchener, Erie, London, Windsor and Sarnia based on all the games I've seen to date. Barrie is right there as well.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
An yeah Hockeye I agre they are still a top 3 team in the grand scheme of things IMO.

It's hard not to give Kitchener love as the number one team in the grade scheme of things, Kingston has a solid record an has beat some good teams, but there largely a one line team getting timely contributions and good goaltending. I'd have my top five as Kitchener, Erie, London, Windsor and Sarnia based on all the games I've seen to date. Barrie is right there as well.

Understandable. When I first read the way you ranked them I could tell it was likely a week to week situation. Which in that case the otters are probably where they should be. Bad week from them but still got a point and could have won 1 if not both.
Good to know going forward. Thanks for response

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I find it leave less room for debate, usually when there is a paragraph along with the ranking I try an justify the ranking.

It's interesting Dylan Sadowy played against Erie when he should have received an automatic 2 game suspension for an indicent against Mississauga. He was a big factor in Saginaw defeating Erie, like you said the Otters could have won the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad