OHL Game Worn Jerseys

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone on here collects OHL Game Worn Jerseys. I have collected a few over the years and was wondering which ones people may have. I have a Joe Thornton Game Worn Soo Greyhounds jersey among others.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I was just wondering if anyone on here collects OHL Game Worn Jerseys. I have collected a few over the years and was wondering which ones people may have. I have a Joe Thornton Game Worn Soo Greyhounds jersey among others.

My OHL game worn jerseys are 2 Connor Crisp Wolves' jerseys, and 3 Michael Pezzetta Wolves' jerseys.

I would love to see photos of your Thornton gamer! Any possibility it may be available?

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
Not looking to sell it at this point. Here is a pic
thornton back.jpg

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saginaw sell their worn warm up jerseys every year at the end of the season sale. Real cheap to, like 25-30 dollars. I have a few of those Justin Murray, Blade Jenkins, Evan Cormier, Ryan McLeod, Dylan Sadowy, and probably some more I'm forgetting. Also have a white regular season jersey from Ryan Orban and Robert Proner (Orban traded midseason and they just put a Proner nameplate over his when he was called up) and a Dylan Sadowy military night camo jersey.

Edit:

Forgot too, when Windsor retired Taylor Hall's number they did a promo for 4 people to win tickets to the game and win a warmup worn "Taylor Hall" jersey worn buy one of the Spits. I won one of those as well, its the regular Spitfires home jersey not one of the alternates.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

A Few Saginaw Ones:

Mitchell Stephens (Rookie Season)
Eric Locke (Outdoor Game)
Barry Sanderson (Red, Diagonal Letters)

A few randos I bought off ebay when I was doing some impulse buying:

Damir Sharipzyanov (Owen Sound, White)
Matej Beran (PEI Rockets, Blue)

Then I have some that aren't all gamers but OHL/Saginaw related anyway:

Jan Mursak Red Wings White gamer
TJ Brodie Signed Flames
Eddie Pasquale Signed Atlanta Thrashers Powder Blue Draft Day replica

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I don't collect but since winning a 91 R McLeod gamer I have been interested more in the topic.

Basic question, I received my jersey only, are they normally certified? What is considered standard upon purchase, privately or through the club?

I wonder if the McLeod jersey has any authenticity since there is no dates or any papers.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Saginaw sell their worn warm up jerseys every year at the end of the season sale. Real cheap to, like 25-30 dollars. I have a few of those Justin Murray, Blade Jenkins, Evan Cormier, Ryan McLeod, Dylan Sadowy, and probably some more I'm forgetting. Also have a white regular season jersey from Ryan Orban and Robert Proner (Orban traded midseason and they just put a Proner nameplate over his when he was called up) and a Dylan Sadowy military night camo jersey.

Edit:

Forgot too, when Windsor retired Taylor Hall's number they did a promo for 4 people to win tickets to the game and win a warmup worn "Taylor Hall" jersey worn buy one of the Spits. I won one of those as well, its the regular Spitfires home jersey not one of the alternates.

Wish I knew, and at that price. Would have liked to snag a few! Is this annual?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I don't collect but since winning a 91 R McLeod gamer I have been interested more in the topic.

Basic question, I received my jersey only, are they normally certified? What is considered standard upon purchase, privately or through the club?

I wonder if the McLeod jersey has any authenticity since there is no dates or any papers.

I've never gotten any papers with my jerseys in Saginaw except for a receipt to write off on your taxes if it was for charity.

The equipment sale is annual and varies based on when the team is eliminated so no set dates, they normally announce it on social media. Last year girlfriend also picked up a Tippett gu autod stick, GW gloves (why I have no idea lol) and I got a Wilde gu autod stick.

They have alot of stuff but it sells quick.
I'll have to check the price again because now I'm second guessing myself, they may be 50 for the warm up Jersey not 100%. Cheap none the less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarantula

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I used to own Pat Kane's white game worn Knights jersey, paid $1300 and sold for $5000. Now I only have one game worn remaining: R. Rupert (beige Knights jersey with Memorial Cup patch). I'm willing to sell. PM if anyone's interested.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I know when the whalers were around you could buy Game used Jerseys in the pro shop. I picked one up before they left town. It was a no name guy but i wanted it cause he was from the town I grew up in

Reactions: All the Answers

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I sold a bunch of mine. I kept some more scentimental ones. I had around 30 of them.

If anyone is looking to sell their jersey's PM me. I will give you the contact info of the guy I sold them to. You'd have to make it to Scarborough though.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I have some Sarnia Sting if anybody is interested. Let me know I can send a list. Also interested in Saginaw, Barrie.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I have 2. A Ben Fanelli blue, and a Gabriel Landeskog 3rd jersey "C".

Both autographed game worn. Kitchener still raffles off a game worn jersey each game but they're no longer signed.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I used to own Pat Kane's white game worn Knights jersey, paid $1300 and sold for $5000. Now I only have one game worn remaining: R. Rupert (beige Knights jersey with Memorial Cup patch). I'm willing to sell. PM if anyone's interested.
Every time I hear that story it makes me scratch my head? Man 5K is some serious bucks on an OHL jersey. Good score Nelli....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad