OHL contenders for 2018/2019

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have a glut of 2nd and 3rd round picks to make some decent trades? I mean, Hamilton, Kingston and Mississauga will likely be looking to recoup picks. I can completely see picks getting thrown in with some trades with these teams. Donofrio if he performs for example.

Flint's roster is young and still a year away from being ready to win, it wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of picks on short term rentals and limit their window (sorry Kingston fans)

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Flint's roster is young and still a year away from being ready to win, it wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of picks on short term rentals and limit their window (sorry Kingston fans)
Right, and they're set with young goalies. Cavallin, who performed pretty well as a starter considering the team and the fact he was 16, Evan Morrison maybe, he looked decent in limited viewings and Aiden Pitre who some scouts had ranked as high as #2 goalie going into last year's OHL draft. If they decide they need to spend for a veteran goalie I hope it's not much. Same goes for the entire roster. They're built for 2019-2020 and should have a solid group returning for 2020-2021. Unfortunately, it looks to me like this is going to be a bit of a down year in the West with more than a few teams going for it in 19-20. I dread the thought of Flint pulling a Windsor 16-17 and have nothing to show after a loooong rebuild.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Right, and they're set with young goalies. Cavallin, who performed pretty well as a starter considering the team and the fact he was 16, Evan Morrison maybe, he looked decent in limited viewings and Aiden Pitre who some scouts had ranked as high as #2 goalie going into last year's OHL draft. If they decide they need to spend for a veteran goalie I hope it's not much. Same goes for the entire roster. They're built for 2019-2020 and should have a solid group returning for 2020-2021. Unfortunately, it looks to me like this is going to be a bit of a down year in the West with more than a few teams going for it in 19-20. I dread the thought of Flint pulling a Windsor 16-17 and have nothing to show after a loooong rebuild.

Could see Flint doing what the Gens did a couple years ago. Brodeur was clearly going to be really good but wasn't ready for the workload yet (same as Cavallin right now) so Gens went out and got Justin Nichols from Guelph to split the games with him post trade deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad