OHL "Anti-Fighting" Strikes Again??

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't know many details, or legalities involved, but this was brought to my attention...

A well-known fight provider on YT just had his (or her?) page shut down because of copyright infringements and multiple third-party claims. They used all Rogers/Cogeco videos for the fights, at least in the OHL, and have been posting fights for years. It seems like very strange timing.

Any idea what might have happened? To me, it screams "no more!" from the OHL, but I'm curious.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Not really, but much the same thing occurred to a poster on the IceDogs forum(NOT the HF boards one, it should be noted).

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
When I used to put Battalion highlights up on youtube I had a couple videos get taken down for copyright that related to Stan Butler's 1000th game, it prompted me to approach Battalion front office management and if got me my official gig with them until they moved to North Bay so it worked out for me lol

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
I had a large number of vids up on the Frontenacs, Rogers/Cogeco contacted me and "asked" me to cease and desist a little over 3 yrs ago. So I did.

In my case there is a big back story to tell but not this day.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
When I got my official gig with the Battalion in February 2011 I just stopped uploading Battalion videos to the youtube page I had going. 4 years later and all the videos are still there.

Hopefully now that the team is no longer they get to stay there for prosperity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad