NCAA GDT: Ohio State vs Alabama (2021 Title game)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I, like many others, have Bama fatigue

As a Buckeye fan, a team that 90% of football fans are sick and tired of, I can't help but admire Alabama. I totally get the hate and people who want suspense, and I do too. As much as it's amazing to have not lost to TTUN in over 10 years, the drama is out of the game for most because it's so one-sided.

Basically 'bama has won 1/2 the titles since Saban got there. I'd rather have seen 10 teams win in the last 13 years, but there is nothing Alabama does to tilt the playing field. Not a sniff of impropriety, coaches coming and going every year, players leaving early, it doesn't matter. They are just as perfect as a program can be nowadays.

Good on them.

(I am putting some $$$ on Oklahoma to win next year. 8-1 odds now. They are loaded.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I was wary all night about Ohio State's D which doesn't have many NFL ready prospects other than Wade and maybe Werner...they got destroyed last night! This Michigan man is gloating today. :)

Also lol at people so angry about college football to the point where it affects their livelihood. Go follow another sport bro

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So is Smith worthy of being picked at #3 by the Dolphins? They probably move and get him at 5 or 6, in Sewell is gone. But I was curious if anyone would pick him at 3.

Sep 19, 2008
Not a draft expert but Smith's stock has got to be rising after this.

People love Fields too so Lawrence, Fields and Sewell will be the top 3 not necessarily in that order. Maybe with a strong Combine showing Smith might sneak in.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not a draft expert but Smith's stock has got to be rising after this.

People love Fields too so Lawrence, Fields and Sewell will be the top 3 not necessarily in that order. Maybe with a strong Combine showing Smith might sneak in.

If they are picking a WR at 3 it should be Chase and not Smith.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Both Alabama and Clemson are losing key players to the draft. It's up to their replacements to keep it going. I'm thrilled to have seen such greatness as Nick Saban's teams and I'm an Irish fan. The GOAT deserves all the accolades he's getting.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
As much as last night stings it didn’t go any differently than I expected. Holding Harris to less than 100 yards rushing surprised me the most. Wade needs to stay another year he was putrid all night. Local radio was talking about the differences between this team and last years. Last year was the best team they’ve had depth wise since Cooper was HC. Didn’t have that same depth this year and it showed. Team last year would’ve been neck and neck against Bama this year. Look forward to another reload and restock year coming up. As for Bama, we can hate on them as much as we want but you just have to respect what Saban has done.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think people are just sick of it being like the same 4 or 5 teams essentially trading playoff spots/titles every year.

It's always Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma Clemson and some other SEC school that have a hope in hell. Part of that is because to Bama and Clemson's credit, they've built incomprable programs that maintain a nearly impossible level of excellence. Good for them not so much the rest of the fandom.

You can't blame the players. If I was a kid playing football you better damn well believe I'm going to Bama if I have the choice. Play for a winner and boost my stock where I might get picked to play in the NFL just on program name power alone.

Last edited:

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
It is a cycle that perpetuates itself. Think of this

You're 17 years old and a top recruit. You're one the fence throughout the fall, but suddenly bowl season hits and 3 of the schools you are interested in get non-stop ads for an entire month on ESPN. Alabama this, Clemson that, Ohio State that. Talking about their tradition, their facilities, their coaches. They talk about it on Monday Night Football. That could be you. Playoff games, baby. then you watch the games, you watch the national championship. Its signing day, and by now you've had basically two months of big network indoctrination towards 3 schools. Why on earth would you go elsewhere?

and that is not the only part of it. We all know college football is broken at many levels, but the 4 team playoff and ESPN are further driving it into the hole.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think people are just sick of it being like the same 4 or 5 teams essentially trading playoff spots/titles every year.

It's always Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma Clemson and some other SEC school that have a hope in hell. Part of that is because to Bama and Clemson's credit, they've built incomprable programs that maintain a nearly impossible level of excellence. Good for them not so much the rest of the fandom.

You can't blame the players. If I was a kid playing football you better damn well believe I'm going to Bama if I have the choice. Play for a winner and boost my stock where I might get picked to play in the NFL just on program name power alone.

It is a cycle that perpetuates itself. Think of this

You're 17 years old and a top recruit. You're one the fence throughout the fall, but suddenly bowl season hits and 3 of the schools you are interested in get non-stop ads for an entire month on ESPN. Alabama this, Clemson that, Ohio State that. Talking about their tradition, their facilities, their coaches. They talk about it on Monday Night Football. That could be you. Playoff games, baby. then you watch the games, you watch the national championship. Its signing day, and by now you've had basically two months of big network indoctrination towards 3 schools. Why on earth would you go elsewhere?

and that is not the only part of it. We all know college football is broken at many levels, but the 4 team playoff and ESPN are further driving it into the hole.

Thirded. Lots of stuff in these and I don’t have much to add except that I don’t find much of the football being played at the college level entertaining. I know lots do and that’s fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
First off, almost every sport’s finals were down a lot from the year before. So were the Wild Cards.

I don’t really buy that it’s always the same teams. Wasn’t the same players. Ohio State hadn’t been here since 2014. What would the ratings be if the national championship was Texas A&M vs. Iowa State?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad