Injury Report: Oh no, we're injured again....!

Did ColePens sell the teams health for the back to back cup win?

• Total voters

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
200.gif

Rickard RakellCFri, May 6Upper BodyExpected to be out until at least May 7
Brian DumoulinDFri, May 6Lower BodyExpected to be out until at least May 7
Tristan JarryGFri, May 6FootExpected to be out until at least May 7
Casey DeSmithGFri, May 6AbdomenExpected to be out until at least Sep 15

Updated May 7th, 2022

Shamelessly using this website for updates. You cant make me twitter!
2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries - NHL

T2WLLF9.gif

JO8rQUM.gif

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Rakell not cleared for contact and day to day
Only had a regular jersey bc this was a no contact practice

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Man, wouldn't it be great to snuff out the Rangers in game 5 and take an extended rest to get all these limping guys ready to go, vs pressing them into service in an elimination game?
This is always the thing other teams get to do, so it'd be nice to see us take advantage of it for once instead of doing everything the hard way. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Jarry taking shots at the morning skate. Don't expect to see him tonight, but soon. Louis is going to shut the door tonight and then cede the net to Jarry for game 1 next series. We hope.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Usually they use the C word if it's a concussion even in POs, so maybe it's not. Maybe neck or jaw?

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Usually they use the C word if it's a concussion even in POs, so maybe it's not. Maybe neck or jaw?

he didn’t use the C word with Rakell, even though that was clearly a concussion because his skating had a predictable timeline for concussions…I think it’s a Sullivan…he’s not saying anything about any injury

Last edited:

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
Seems like the best case scenario is the timeline he followed in the 2017 Caps series, miss one game and then be back for Game 7. I don’t think I’d even want to see him out there tomorrow unless leaving last night was purely precautionary - which I can’t imagine it would be in a playoff game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Seems like the best case scenario is the timeline he followed in the 2017 Caps series, miss one game and then be back for Game 7. I don’t think I’d even want to see him out there tomorrow unless leaving last night was purely precautionary - which I can’t imagine it would be in a playoff game.

yeah but he missed only one game because he did NOT have a concussion…if he had a diagnosed concussion it would have been more like the timeline Rakell is on…

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
They can say he didn’t have a concussion in 2017 against Washington, but I have a hard time believing that given that he was facedown on the ice for two minutes and looked confused as hell skating off the ice.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Forecaster says it was a concussion in 2017

2017-05-06Missed the last playoff game (concussion).
2017-05-02Concussion, day-to-day.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Ranger fan here. Despite being a ranger fan crosby is one of my favorite players.

f*** i hope sid is ok. Hate to see this potential type of injury especially since he had a few in his early years.

If this is a concussion how many is this for sid?

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ranger fan here. Despite being a ranger fan crosby is one of my favorite players.

f*** i hope sid is ok. Hate to see this potential type of injury especially since he had a few in his early years.

If this is a concussion how many is this for sid?

I think it'll be his 12th.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I think it'll be his 12th.

Im sure this is a false number given to me sarcastically

I know of his first concussion then there was confusion with a second concussion. I was unsure if his second was actually a concussion because he had a neck injury which aggravated concussion symptoms. This issue made me unsure if he actually suffered a concussion or only a neck issue?

Then i see in this thread a few posts up he had one in 17 during the playoffs. I didnt remember that considering the pens won the cup and he won the smythe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad