Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Yes. When a team is on a 3-16-1 stretch scoring 15 goals in 11 games how can the goalie be faulted?

The poster above you managed to find a way. They could have 0 goals and it'd be their fault. Score 3 goals like any team should be able to do and this game is going into OT. Sometimes the team has to bail out the goalie. Can't be on Bernier and Reimer every night.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
At least we didn't get the useless single point that'd hurt the tank. We lost well tonight. :handclap:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Kinda hard to get the confidence for goals when your goalie is letting in goals from centre ice.

It was one goal. One. ONE. Why are you talking about it like it's a regular occurrence. For every bad goal Bernier let's in, he makes multiple ten bellers. I am just appalled at how people can turn on our best goalie in 8 years after maybe one and a half weeks of not amazing hockey. Give your head a shake

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
OK the positives:

- Tanked when we thought we couldn't tank, so tank game's strong
- Rielly is showing us why he was drafted so high. Does anyone else see flashes of Leetch? It's pretty amazing.
- JVR good as usual
- Franson played OK in front of scouts, maybe that'll help us out
- I was scared leafs were going to lock up Bernier longterm (at an obvious overpayment), I think he's playing himself into a decent bridge contract for us
- We all saw a record tonight: fastest shorthanded goal to start a period.

That's a biggie. I could have seen this org. throwing a 5x5.5 or some ridiculous number at him, hopefully this highlight reel of turd goals he's allowed this season gets them to think twice.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Bernie knows here's here for the long haul. And he wants some help next year. I like this guy. Playing for the future.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Gotta give it to Clarkson.

Even he wants us to tank.

Clarkson is a true fan.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Has there been a worse coach in the history of the leafs?

This team lets in more goals than Carlyle's, they score less than anyone.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It was one goal. One. ONE. Why are you talking about it like it's a regular occurrence. For every bad goal Bernier let's in, he makes multiple ten bellers. I am just appalled at how people can turn on our best goalie in 8 years after maybe one and a half weeks of not amazing hockey. Give your head a shake

Haha, now it's the goalies fault that the team can't score? :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Stop the excuses, he let a 2nd bad goal in mins later. That was the game right there. So just stop and call it correctly.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Agreed, bernier had a bad night but the team around him have had a bad month.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
The poster above you managed to find a way. They could have 0 goals and it'd be their fault. Score 3 goals like any team should be able to do and this game is going into OT. Sometimes the team has to bail out the goalie. Can't be on Bernier and Reimer every night.

Seriously, I agree with this sentiment. I think we should keep the goalies we have, its the least of our worries. I favour Reimer, but Bernier is very good and these two guys are living in hockey hell right now.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Tim Lieweke:
I can Guarantee the Leafs will not go 2-12 again.

Leafs: HAH you don't know us well (3-16-1).

Lieweke had one goal when he came to Toronto: make the Raptors and Toronto FC more popular than the Leafs.

Can't hate on him; he set a goal and he's achieved it.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Anyone know what the worst record is for a new coach after a coaching change? This team makes me curious about the damndest things.

Yes, I've wondered about this as well.

The Leafs were in the playoffs with a winning record the day Carlyle was sacked. Following the first game under Horachek they were out of the playoffs and haven't been back in a wildcard spot since then.

The remainder of the season has so many compelling possibilities for achieving complete worthlessness.

Hopefully the wave of disgrace and shame for how utterly worthless this team is will metaphorically castrate wide swaths of the gullible into never being invincibly malleable, easily played dupes again.

As for MLSE: I believe it will make no difference in terms of overall outlook moving forward. It is worth learning about personality disorders and considering which one applies collectively to the brainless mules in charge of this historically ****ed organization.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Stop the excuses, he let a 2nd bad goal in mins later. That was the game right there. So just stop and call it correctly.

And if the team could actually put pucks in the other teams net it wouldn't matter. But they can't bail out their goalie the way they bail them out almost every damn night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad