Post-Game Talk (GBU): oh carolina

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
We haven't had one of these for a while.
G: Ennis, Larsson, Bogo, Gionta with the multipoint, Grigo with the goal.
B: McEichel not wrapped up, yet. RJ calling Risto "Rasmussen"
U: Rod Brind'amour

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- Ennis, Grigo, Larsson
-Lindback for 40 minutes
-no penalties called
-captain gonna captain

b- Lindback in the 3rd/Sabres allowing 52 shots
- Bogo. went for a hit along the boards that left Strachan alone on one Canes goal, then was screening Lindback on another

u- Cam Ward was outplayed by Lindback

nice to win :)

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I only watched the highlights of this one. Just wanted to say that Gionta has been playing great the last several weeks. He could be an underrated piece of this team going forward the next year or two. Larsson continues to click, as well.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I only watched the highlights of this one. Just wanted to say that Gionta has been playing great the last several weeks. He could be an underrated piece of this team going forward the next year or two. Larsson continues to click, as well.

I agree... but this was the most horrible POS of a game to watch all season, Carolina mailed this one in..

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Ugly: Jordan Staal having a wide open net to tie the game and shooting it directly into Lindbacks double pack stad instead of going top shelf.

Way to live up to the #2 overall status Jordan, I think we're better off getting a Toews

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
It was pond hockey at it's finest.

As crappy as this season has been, there are some bright spots which showed during last night's game:

Ennis
Gionta
Mike Greg O'Renko
Larsson
Rasmussen
Lindback (through 40 min)

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Sure you can look at SAT. You can also look at hits and block shot attempts on Carolinas part and see they didn't give a damn.

I'm with you on Carolina not giving a damn, but hits and block shot attempts are not the stat to show it.

Teams hit when they don't have the puck, and they can't attempt to block shots unless the opponent shoots. since Carolina won the corsi battle like 7804237493 to 2, hits and block shot attempts are going to be lower.

I agree that the corsi did not match the eye test for this game, however.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I watched the whole game, and there were long stretches where CAR had possession with shots, Sabres cleared to mid ice, and CAR carried it back in. There wasn't many high skill level plays, but they certainly poured it on. If Cam Ward didn't play extremely poorly no doubt it would've been a loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad