TV: "Oh boy" Quantum leap sequel

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If my mom was alive she would be doing handstands.

Maybe they will bring Sam home - he’s probably tired of leaping around after 30 years.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
More imminent, unimaginative reboots.. designed to fleece nostalgic Gen Xers.

Guess everyone will have to take a brief break from all their Boba Fett & endless Star Wars consumption to squeeze in time for a geriatric Quantum Leap. I'm hoping an inventive hack will eventually find a way to synthesize the Star Wars, Halloween, Equalizer, and Saved by the Bell franchises in to a single, endless (ethnically reimagined) super-series. I can hope..

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Guess everyone will have to take a brief break from all their Boba Fett & endless Star Wars consumption to squeeze in time for a geriatric Quantum Leap. I'm hoping an inventive hack will eventually find a way to synthesize the Star Wars, Halloween, Equalizer, and Saved by the Bell franchises in to a single, endless (ethnically reimagined) super-series. I can hope..

I’m tired of all the reboots as well, but this is one series that would work really well if they did it right and eventually brought Sam home.

I always thought it was messed up he was doomed to leap for infinity because the writers/producers were duped into believing there would be a season 6.

Also just found out Bob Saget was in QL - never knew that.

I recall a young Jennifer Aniston, but that’s about all the well known ppl I can remember.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was just reading about this....so 30 years after the first one and the new team is looking for Sam Beckett, trying to figure out what happened to him. I mean it could work if that is the concept.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No thanks

If they wanted to do something they should have had a TV movie conclusion years ago

With Stockwell dead and Bakula getting up there in age and TV being completely different now it won't work

Would probably end up awful like the V reboot a few years back that sucked

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Damn! That’s savage and I love it

This looks terrible

Stop with the damn reboots/remakes of classic shows

I’d say haha yeah right they make too much money but how much do these actually make?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Is this a reboot or a sort of sequel? I thought this was a continuation of the original story but seems like a total reboot.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Is this a reboot or a sort of sequel? I thought this was a continuation of the original story but seems like a total reboot.
For those who watched the OG--Earnie Hudson's Herbert 'Magic' Williams is the same character from "Leap Home part 2" where Sam leaped into his body

continuation.

It will be interesting to see if the delve into what happened to magic in the "room" and what he remembered.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
For those who watched the OG--Earnie Hudson's Herbert 'Magic' Williams is the same character from "Leap Home part 2" where Sam leaped into his body

continuation.

It will be interesting to see if the delve into what happened to magic in the "room" and what he remembered.
If it's a continuation I don't get one of the characters saying it's 2022 and no mentioned of Sam Beckett etc. It's weird but I guess if I watch the show some of that might be revealed.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If it's a continuation I don't get one of the characters saying it's 2022 and no mentioned of Sam Beckett etc. It's weird but I guess if I watch the show some of that might be revealed.
Hudson is playing a character who was in the original series--no idea how they are going to link itr

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hudson is playing a character who was in the original series--no idea how they are going to link itr
I get that I had read that and you said it 3 times now. I am just wondering how this will link. Like he jumps after Sam does even though people know Sam is lost in time? I thought at first this was going to be them trying to find Sam in time since he never made it home in the original finale but I guess not. I even read that NBC said no to Backula coming back...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I get that I had read that and you said it 3 times now. I am just wondering how this will link. Like he jumps after Sam does even though people know Sam is lost in time? I thought at first this was going to be them trying to find Sam in time since he never made it home in the original finale but I guess not. I even read that NBC said no to Backula coming back...

they have kept most of the plot underwraps

it sounds like Magic, remembering what happened in vietnam set out to find out answers to the questions he had---the new series is set 7 years after the original one.. QL started in 1995. My guess is that they thought they had perfected the idea of where and how to jump--but they were wrong

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
they have kept most of the plot underwraps

it sounds like Magic, remembering what happened in vietnam set out to find out answers to the questions he had---the new series is set 7 years after the original one.. QL started in 1995. My guess is that they thought they had perfected the idea of where and how to jump--but they were wrong
Hmm if I recall the original series Sam jumped early because he didn't want their funding to be cut. And Herbert would not be the first person to have had him jump into them to remember the experience as one of the women he saved who became a lawyer after he helped her stuff for law school or something ended up as a Senator on the panel that approved the funding extension for the QLP in the end.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Another soulless remake/continuation that will lack the charm of the original. Hard pass. I guess creativity peaked in the 80s.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I watched the first two episodes last night, mainly because I liked Raymond Lee in Kevin Can f*** Himself. It's definitely going to have a couple extra overarching plotlines, one that no doubt involves the search for Sam Beckett, and another with a present-day conspiracy. The reverence for the original show just bleeds through. Lots of split-second plot twists, lots of Ziggy, lots of hologram work.

It's woke, too. Very multicultural, equal representation, that sort of thing. I'm a fan of it, if they can build character depth and not just shallow caricatures, it'll go a long way to bring society to a point where people are just people.

What else? The cheese factor is high, lol. It's not for fans of realism. They have Ben doing multiple spacewalks in Episode 2, ffs. But why not? it's sci-fi fun. If you liked the original, you'll like this sequel series.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Part of my nostalgia, but I've never watched it on purpose. Because it was incredibly boring. Was excited about this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad