OG 2010...will your team be better then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Let's pretend that the NHL-players can play the OG 2010.
How strong do your countries team look then compared to today do you think? Who are the keyplayers on your team?

IMO the Swedish team is gonna be a little weaker than now. We won't have as big offensive stars as now. Bur our goaltending will be better. Probably the swedish team is gonna be more like Finland today. Key players will be Zetterberg, Alexander Steen, Sedins and Huselius among forwards. Öhlund, Kim Johnsson, Niklas Kronwall on defense. Henrik Lundqvist in net.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
USA will be in a transition period and will stink, Russia will be a powerhouse again, Canada will still be a powerhouse, Czechs will be powerfull, Sweden weaker, Finland will continue to be finland and contend, Slovakia will be weak, Germany will be stronger.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
USA will be in a transition period and will stink, Russia will be a powerhouse again, Canada will still be a powerhouse, Czechs will be powerfull, Sweden weaker, Finland will continue to be finland and contend, Slovakia will be weak, Germany will be stronger.

The U.S. will stink? I don't know about that. Scoring punch will likely be an issue, but defense and goaltending should be top-notch.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
The U.S. will stink? I don't know about that. Scoring punch will likely be an issue, but defense and goaltending should be top-notch.
I just don't think Brown, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Jessimen, Schremp and O'Sullivan ect will be proven NHL stars at that point

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
I just don't think Brown, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Jessimen, Schremp and O'Sullivan ect will be proven NHL stars at that point

I agree. I do however think there will be enough forward talent to support an excellent defense and goaltending group. That should be enough to be more than competitive. Besides, we are talking about another five or so years. That's quite a ways away.

Last edited:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Rabid Ranger said:
I agree. I do however think there will be enough forward talent to support an excellen defense and goaltending group. That should be enough to be more than competitive. Besides, we are talking about another five or so years. That's quite a ways away.

Five years is quite a bit...but not a very long time. I think that not many players born later than 1987 will have any bigger impact on the teams. Most star players will be born between 1975 to 1987.

time

Feb 26, 2005
The U.S. will be much better. Most scorers put up their biggest numbers in their early twenties, become more complete players as they age.

By 2010, the Yanks will have an impressive defense corps, the Russian will be loaded with firepower and Canada will be very, very strong. The biggest drop-off will be from Sweden.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Personally I think that Canada will dominate even more than now. They look good with Iginla, Heatley, Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, maybe Bertuzzi and Spezza etc up front. Luongo and maybe a veteran Brodeur in net. But who will play on defense? Pronger, Regehr, Bouwmeester, Redden?

time

Feb 26, 2005
Jackman, Bouwmeister, Phaneuf, Brewer, Regher to start with

afinogenov

Sep 17, 2004
Perhaps the Russian line-up:

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Ovechkin
Zherdev-Malkin-Semin
Shishkanov-Svitov-Perezhogin
Shkotov-Kaigorodov-Suglobov

Grebeshkov-Tyutin
Volchenkov-Babchuk
Vishnevski-Kondratiev

Bryzgalov
Medvedeev
Barulin

Alfons

May 3, 2004
I think this could be the russian line-up (frolov will be there)

Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Frolov-Kaigorodov-Zherdev
Saprykin-Chubarov-Lisin

Extras:Grigorenko, Perezogin, Svitov (Chistov, Shishkanov,Samsonov also possible)

Volchenkov-Markov
Babchuk-Tyutin
Vishnevski-Grebeshkov
Semenov-D.Vorobiev

(Kalinin, Kondratiev, D. Markov, K Koltsov,

Bryzgalov
Nabokov
Khubbodin

time

Feb 26, 2005
That Russian line-up looks forward heavy, but then I don't know the young Russians so well. How do you think their D and goaltenders stack up against the US and Canada?

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
I think Slovakia can only improve as their forwards will be even more experienced by then and will have more NHL quality defensemen.

Their team had a minor leaguer in Jaroslav Obsut on defense in the last World Cup, I don't think that will be the case next time around. (P.S. Not saying Jaroslav is a bad player but he doesn't compare to other countries dmen)

If a great goalie and improved defense they definatly could contend.

Teams to play: Canada, Russia, Finland, USA, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic, and Slovakia.

Maybe they should allow two more spots? Switzerland and Belarus.

Switzerland is definatly improving, they already have two good goalies and a handful of defensive and offensive prospects could be ready by 2010.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Finland should be much much better since our best years are ahead of us.

The chief should be an experienced and inspiring leader by then, our young forwards and D-men should be at the top of their game... and then we could have two (if not three...) superstar goalies...

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Tb0ne said:
Teams to play: Canada, Russia, Finland, USA, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic, and Slovakia.

Maybe they should allow two more spots? Switzerland and Belarus.
There will be twelve teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad