Offseason Workouts & Locations

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
Alright, I'd be interested to crowd-source any insight or knowledge around here regarding off-season workouts. I'm most importantly interested in who stuck around to workout with Nelson over the off-season, and if not where they are spending their time training.

In my opinion, someone would be insane to not stick around with Nelson Ayotte for the summer, but that's my biased opinion. Coming off of such a great year, but disappointing end of the season and early playoff exit, I would expect the players to work that much harder in the off-season to get ready for next.

Knowns:

Alex Pietrangelo: St. Louis, training with Nelson
Barrett Jackman: St. Louis, CIHP (Central Institute for Human Performance: Nelson connection)
TJ Oshie St. Louis
Alex Steen: Sundsvall, Sweden with Kennedy Katende

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I know Shattenkirk trains with Prentiss Hockey up in the Northeast. Believe he's been with that group for a while. Some other NHL players like JVR, MSL, Cam Atkinson, Quick, Matt Moulson, Pacioretty, Gerbe are also involved with them I believe.

Heard Oshie was mainly sticking around in St. Louis this summer too so I don't know if he's working with Nelson but maybe.

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
Thread died, having no traction at all - which is fine with me... I know there isn't a ton of training information out there. I'm a bit of a workout junkie, so I like to keep up to date.

For anyone else interested in following along - here is the guy steen has been training with. He has a few training pics posted:
https://twitter.com/KennedyKatende

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad