Offseason Roster Targets: LHD

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Updated 5/3

Top UFA Targets:

Sekera - Is he willing to come back to Buffalo? How much term would you be willing to give out? 6x6?
Ehrhoff - Similar situation...currently concussed. Worth taking a risk on? Willing to return? How much term?
Oduya - Likely to hit market due to Chicago cap crunch. Not really a top pairing guy. Would he sign under 3 years?
Beauchemin - Obviously wants to re-sign in Anaheim (said he wants to retire there), but they recently aquired Despres, already have Lindholm, Fowler as LHD signed long term.

Potential Trade Targets:

Hamhuis - 2016 UFA, so potential 1 year rental. Vancouver native
Steit - A little older but still effective. Only 2 years left on his deal
Gunarsson - A 2nd pairing guy, decent in his own end. 2016 UFA
Grossman - 2016 UFA. Potentially low cost.
Phaneuf - Expensive. NTC might stop any move to Buffalo in its tracks.
Gormley - Similar situation to Grigo. Might not be a bad guy to break in at that 6/7 D spot.
Garrison - Lots of LHD depth and potential cap issues in Tampa
Carle - Same as Garrison

Last edited:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
What makes Yandle interesting is that Murray could potentially swindle Phoenix because Regier is there. There are still a ton of guys here that Regier drafted, so if he really likes one or two of them specifically, Murray could potentially get Yandle for a good price.

ZeroPT*

I'm really interested in which road Murray decides to go for LHD.

Does he go for the big hulking Methot to make arguably the biggest and nastiest D-core in the conference or does he go for a mobile puck mover who would make our **** PP somewhat average and adding a transition/offense factor from the back end. Both would be really cool to see.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I'm really interested in which road Murray decides to go for LHD.

Does he go for the big hulking Methot to make arguably the biggest and nastiest D-core in the conference or does he go for a mobile puck mover who would make our **** PP somewhat average and adding a transition/offense factor from the back end. Both would be really cool to see.

I'm not a Methot fan, personally. I would more like to see TM pick up a more mobile, offensively inclined option. The question then becomes who?

ZeroPT*

I like Methot. He really helped stabilize Karlsson. He's big and really physical. He's also a good skater and not an idiot.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm all about big mean back ends ... but with Risto/Zadorov and Bogo and Weber ..I think we have plenty already..

We really need a mobile PP QB with offense I think.

I normally hate these types ..but ..seems needed now.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'm all about big mean back ends ... but with Risto/Zadorov and Bogo and Weber ..I think we have plenty already..

We really need a mobile PP QB with offense I think.

I normally hate these types ..but ..seems needed now.

What's Gragnani up to these days? :laugh:

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
After that, the quality really drops. Oduya is really the only other name out there, but again, he's not a top pairing guy at least not in my mind.

Oduya really interests me. He is not needed to play #1 minutes only make sure the kids on the blueline dont get killed with hard minutes. Oduya has his championship and at 34 might be open to his last big payday type contract (2yr/5M aav). it never hurts to have another mature winner in the locker room. Same reason I'm really hoping to get Bickell in the offseason.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think Gragnani has been the only player I've broken out the pitchfork and torches for.

ZeroPT*

Methot-Bogosian
Zadorov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber

Jesus. RIP forwards

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I like the idea of bringing in Methot and making our defense a big mean bruising unit, but I think I like the idea of bringing Sekera back more. The guy has the ability to help create offense, while still being quietly solid defensively. It might just come from familiarity, but I always thought Sekera was one of the most under rated players in the league.

That being said, I don't think Paul Martin should be considered, as his age makes it likely that he won't be very effective by the time we are ready to make a cup run.

ZeroPT*

Martin is a RHD. He shoots left but has virtually always played on the right in Pittsburgh.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I think Gragnani has been the only player I've broken out the pitchfork and torches for.

HFboards should seems to have missed a curse word with their censors. Somebody should let the staff know that Gragnani should be changed to ********.

That being said, I don't remember seeing a single player with the kind of luck that kid had. The sabres always seemed to score right as he stepped on the ice.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Wonder what the ufa appetite is for overpayment on a three year deal. Throw out big money but still have flexibility for when mceichel and Reinhart require it

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Wonder what the ufa appetite is for overpayment on a three year deal. Throw out big money but still have flexibility for when mceichel and Reinhart require it

Guys like Methot and Sekera won't care about that. They'll want their last long-term contract to carry them through probable retirement, so seven years or forget it.

I'd give Sekera what he apparently wants - Staal type money with a 7 yr 38-39 mil, about 5.5 mil per.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I like the idea of a top 4 D man in FA but also, now that we have Kane and hopefully get Mc Eichel, would be happy with a skilled pp qb with the second pick in first round-if a really good one is available.

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
How do you guys think of this, is the value off?
At the draft:

Yandle

For

Grigorenko
Compher
1st 2015 (one not included in WPG trade)
NYI 2015 2nd

Edit: Basing this off getting McEichel

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How do you guys think of this, is the value off?
At the draft:

Yandle

For

Grigorenko
Compher
1st 2015 (one not included in WPG trade)
NYI 2015 2nd

See the ROR trade talk...not giving up Grigorenko unless...

1 we get McEichel

And

Us doe get an extension for a reasonable amount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad