Prospect Info: Offseason Prospect Ranking #20

Who is the best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Ok we have finally reached the final poll. I'll post a final results thread next week where everyone can post their personal rankings as well.

Vote for the best prospect (with whatever reasoning you want) from the above poll.

Rankings:

1. Yaroslav Askarov (G, 11OA, 2020 Draft)
2. Joakim Kemell (RW, 17OA, 2022 Draft)
3. Matthew Wood (LW/C, 15OA, 2023 Draft)
4. Luke Evangelista (RW, 42OA, 2020 Draft)
5. Juuso Parssinen (C/LW, 210OA, 2019 Draft)
6. Philip Tomasino (RW, 24OA, 2019 Draft)
7. Tanner Molendyk (D, 24OA, 2023 Draft)
8. Fedor Svechkcov (C, 19OA, 2021 Draft
9. Zachary L'Heurex (LW, 27OA, 2021 Draft)
10. Spencer Stastney (D, 131OA, 2018 Draft)
11. Egor Afanasyev (LW, 45OA, 2019 Draft)
12. Semyon Chistyakov (D, 117OA, 2019 Draft)
13. Reid Schaefer (LW, 32OA, 2022 Draft)
14. Felix Nilsson (C, 43OA, 2023 Draft)
15. Kalan Lind (LW, 46OA, 2023 Draft)
16. Ryan Ufko (D, 115OA, 2021 Draft)
17. Jack Matier (D, 124OA, 2021 Draft)
18. Nolan Burke (C, Undrafted, Signed 2022)
19. Jesse Kiiskinen (RW, 68OA, 2023 Draft)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think there is two prospects left here that are in a tier of their own:

Kulonummi and Mackinnon

I have them ranked 17 and 18 respectively in my ranking list. It’s so close, but I think I’ll have to go with kulonummi by a slight smidge. So close between those two though I feel. The rest are all a tier or more below these two for sure though.

As @Porter Stoutheart said, it’s great being this late in the rankings and these guys still are solid prospects with good nhl potential, love the depth we have in our farm!

Even guys still left after this like fink, olsson, Roest, Ingram, Jatkola, all are solid prospects. Well done preds!!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I just picked Fink because last Poile pick and I don't know. Could be a guy destiny smiled on.....or a rat fink.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just picked Fink because last Poile pick and I don't know. Could be a guy destiny smiled on.....or a rat fink.
He is definitely a skilled little guy to watch. But I don't really see how we rank him ahead of any of the guys the scouting staff/Poile themselves obviously already ranked ahead of him? I mean, if our own guys/Poile wanted to pick him ahead of Jatkola, MacKinnon, Willis, Roest... they would have. :dunno:

Reactions: herzausstein

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's deep for sure but there's not a lot of high-end talent there.
What makes me hopeful about the depth is that when we stack up a lot of "interesting depth" like this, it should raise the odds of some hidden gem types emerging from all that depth, like Parssinen (and on and on through past drafts). Right now, while we can't yet tell who those guys are, I'm pretty hopeful that we'll get some NHLers out of all this depth.

That sort of thing doesn't register with media organizational prospect rankings, but it's going to pay off for us better than some teams that will be ranked ahead of us on the strength of more well-known names (who sometimes struggle to make a mark). So, go ahead and rank us in the #15-20 range if you want... I like what we're doing here.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He is definitely a skilled little guy to watch. But I don't really see how we rank him ahead of any of the guys the scouting staff/Poile themselves obviously already ranked ahead of him? I mean, if our own guys/Poile wanted to pick him ahead of Jatkola, MacKinnon, Willis, Roest... they would have. :dunno:
He has the greatest potential to rise in the ranks next year. This year in the NCAA will give us an interesting look at his potential

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He has the greatest potential to rise in the ranks next year. This year in the NCAA will give us an interesting look at his potential
He may have made a good choice going to Penn St? They don't usually attract NHL prospects, but seem to have been managing to have decent records, and presumably he'll get a better chance to play a prominent role there than he might at one of the more traditional NCAA factory schools?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He may have made a good choice going to Penn St? They don't usually attract NHL prospects, but seem to have been managing to have decent records, and presumably he'll get a better chance to play a prominent role there than he might at one of the more traditional NCAA factory schools?
Of note, we drafted Chase McLane 2020 7th round who is a senior there and Milwaukee signed Kevin Wall to a 2 year contract and he just graduated from there (originally drafted by Carolina 6th round 2019).

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
It's deep for sure but there's not a lot of high-end talent there.
Meh, they're all a crap shoot to begin with but to have this many "solid" prospects is a f*** ton better than the summer where Tolvanen was the only kid to talk about.

What makes me hopeful about the depth is that when we stack up a lot of "interesting depth" like this, it should raise the odds of some hidden gem types emerging from all that depth, like Parssinen (and on and on through past drafts). Right now, while we can't yet tell who those guys are, I'm pretty hopeful that we'll get some NHLers out of all this depth.

That sort of thing doesn't register with media organizational prospect rankings, but it's going to pay off for us better than some teams that will be ranked ahead of us on the strength of more well-known names (who sometimes struggle to make a mark). So, go ahead and rank us in the #15-20 range if you want... I like what we're doing here.
Right, the Preds have 20 solid options to make the NHL in this list. Some will fail and some will exceed expectations, nobody had Parssinen on their high potential lists (and still don't) but look at him now.

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad