GDT: Offseason GDT II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
you know you are using the same spilled milk theory but in reverse

ok so bad deals were made it's done let's move on

but let's stop talking about the ''2 cups bro LOLZ'' argument because that's also the past, let's move on

fact is the PRESENT so let's stick with it

and the PRESENT is that we have no prospects, no picks, and a couple of bad contracts, we are up to the cap, and we have a few important holes in our lineup

so yeah i'll meet you halfway, screw the Lucic and Sekera trades and the terrible contracts signed but come on man...stop bringing the fact that DL brought us two cups

If the Kings hadn't won 2 Cups since 2012, then the bolded above wouldn't be true. Based on DL's track record of building prior to winning the 2 Cups, you can't pretend that the issues now aren't related to the fact that DL did bring us 2 Cups and essentially sold out on his building plan to try and get more.

I take the 2 Cups since 2012 any time. Thanks, DL.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
If the Kings hadn't won 2 Cups since 2012, then the bolded above wouldn't be true. Based on DL's track record of building prior to winning the 2 Cups, you can't pretend that the issues now aren't related to the fact that DL did bring us 2 Cups and essentially sold out on his building plan to try and get more.

I take the 2 Cups since 2012 any time. Thanks, DL.

that's completely false

the lack of current prospects came after the fact that we have won those two cups

but i am not arguing that we should not have won those two cups shame on you DL

i am arguing the current state and the bad decisions management has done SINCE then..and the total oblivious reaction from some posters on here stating ''but two cups bro"

i don't see how Stanley Cup x 2 forced our hand to get Sekera

but if you do, good... however you won't convince me

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
that's completely false

the lack of current prospects came after the fact that we have won those two cups

i am arguing the current state and the bad decisions management has done SINCE then..and the total oblivious reaction from some posters on here stating ''but two cups bro"

Voynov did that on his own, the motherless ****. The Sekera move I can understand, the team was on a 7 game or so winning streak during the deadline, so DL thought Sekera would put us in. You can't predict him getting injured and the team ******** the bed after that. The Lucic move was pretty bad in retrospect, especially considering the gaping holes on C and D at the time, 2 much more important positions for a hockey team.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
that's completely false

Drafting from 2011 to 2014 has hurt the teams depth more than anything.

2014 might still be too soon, but it's looking bad if Kempe/Amadio don't pan out.

That is a direct result of trading first/second round picks, winning Two Cups in 2012/2014, and chasing more in 2013/2015/2016

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Where did the Hawks end up this year ? Out in the first round due to depth issues.

With arguable the best player in the NHL on their team, having damn near a career year. It happens folks, you are not going to win the cup every single year.

The Kings were EXTREMELY fortunate to win Two cups with a single core.
You will probably never see a defense like the 2012 roster had, ever again.

Look at how long it's taken Crosby and the Pens to get back into a Cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad