Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
All you really need to know about Seravalli is that he went on a 10 minute heated rage because Sid skipped a few all-star game events but then said we should give the benefit of the doubt when it came to re-instating Logan Mailloux.

Ah yes... the All Star Game. Very serious stuff. Everyone really puts their game faces on for that weekend because of the monumental consequences of winning a skills competetion by putting on a funny hat and scoring a goal with your stick upside down or something.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
back then he was QB'ing the PP, not coaching it. Back then he was about 6'6 and weighed about 170 pounds soaking wet, but he had an absolute cannon of a shot. Put one off our goalie's mask in practice and dented the mask in about an inch. had more hair too lol.

Not sure what happened this year with your PP, didn't follow your team at all. Guess we'll see how the PP does next year before we can definitively decide if it was the coaching or the players.

Sid and especially Malkin are feeling the years, no doubt. And they were never the GREATEST powerplay guys to begin with. But something tells me that a PP with those two (even at this stage) EK, Letang, Guentzel, Rust, etc. available should be doing a bit better than 2nd to last in the league or whatever it was. Steller decisions like putting Eller on the top unit most of the year should hopefully at least be reconsidered.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I am 40 and have been a fan of the Pens since 93. Granted, I was a kid then, but I've only followed more closely as I've gotten older. That's 31 years.

I had no idea you could trade a coach.

In fact, I thought you COULDN'T trade coaches.
I thought the 2004 CBA ended it

But i think that only ended the practice of being able to trade PLAYERS for: money, players to be named later / unspecified future considerations, or coaches. Which makes sense, it's the players that wanted to be traded for other players, essentially.

I guess it doesn't mean you couldn't trade a coach as that would be a different memorandum of understanding... Etc etc

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I am 40 and have been a fan of the Pens since 93. Granted, I was a kid then, but I've only followed more closely as I've gotten older. That's 31 years.

I had no idea you could trade a coach.

In fact, I thought you COULDN'T trade coaches.

Different sport of course, but the Pirates traded Manny Sangullien + $100K to the A's for manager Chuck Tanner in 1976.

Reactions: BillPrep

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It still seems too good to be true to get ANY draft pick or something of value at all in general for an NHL coach. Anyone wanna give me some money for this pocket lint and an old sour patch kid I found in my jacket while we're at it?

Reactions: BusinessGoose

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Yohe chimes in. Take it for what it's worth.

There’s no rift between Sullivan and Dubas. It’s been reported elsewhere that there is. Those reports are laughably false.

Perhaps they didn’t agree on the Reirden decision. That’s quite possible. But I assure you they have a very good working relationship and are very much on the same page. Anything else that you read is utterly untrue.

Since it's coming from Yohe, I believe the opposite.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
All you really need to know about Seravalli is that he went on a 10 minute heated rage because Sid skipped a few all-star game events but then said we should give the benefit of the doubt to the poor misunderstood kid when it came to re-instating Logan Mailloux.

But it's easy to talk about and sum it up when you just talk about media day; we're sitting here, and I'm supposes to be the Face of the NHL, and we're in here talking about media day. I mean, listen, we're talking about media day. Not a game! Not a skills competition! Not a game! We're talking about media day. Not a skills competition; not a game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, not the game, we're talking about media day, man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about media day. I know I'm supposed to be here, I know I'm supposed to lead by example, I know that. And I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do. But we're talking about media day, man. What are talking about? Media day? We're talking about media day, man!

We're talking about media day! We're talking about media day.... We ain't talking about the skills competition! We're talking about media day, man! When you come to the rink, and you see me play.....You see me play. Don't you?

-Sidney Crosby(probably)

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
It’ll be the same old garbage next year but hey, at least now FSG/Dubas can pat themselves on the back and be like “hey we did something!!!”

Personally I doubt shitcanning only Todd The Fraud will do much/if anything.

It’ll be like putting a band-aid over cancer. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Probably not…Sullivan is great at finding scapegoats for his poor performance lol…

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Yes. Heaven forbid a loyal fanbase wants to see action and consequences for going on ten years of failure while Sid's last years slide on by. What monsters we all are. What utter ingrates and cretins.

I guess that's just how we do things in Pittsburgh, Rob. Got any ice cream for sale?
Actually, no, his parents closed the DQ they owned.

• Wow
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad