Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well Seattle could offer a second round pick for Sullivan since Dubas will fire the coaches. Spezza fired the WB guys and no question Dubas is going to make a lot of changes here. Move Smith and get lottery luck and pick top 10. this isn't hard here. Sign Sid. See the status of Letang. Get younger and sign Stephenson as a FA. Hope Jarry and Graves are better this coming year. Ned is gone. DO NOT SIGN GUENTZEL. Lastly, coaches have to start playing the younger players period. NO more Neitos and Sullivan type players.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
According to Rossi/Yohe, Sullivan is loyal to his staff and wants to bring them all back, for whatever that's worth.

I know Sullivan won't be fired but can you even imagine running this thing back with the same exact coaching staff as last year? That would be absolutely insane to me to even consider doing that.
lol you know this is exactly what is going to happen and someone’s gonna post a threads/write an article/cast a pod about what a true blue genius move it is. We will, of course, finish 5 points out of the playoffs.

All of you “FSG rewards performance, punishes weakness” dipshits should own your shit like f***ing marks, you idiots. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Pittsburgh Arrogant Jars of Miracle Whip. They're not even mayo, and mayo f***ing sucks :laugh:

Hey now... a thin sheen of Dukes on a BLT is pretty crucial to the whole BLT experience.

But yes. We put farrrrrrrrrrr to much mayo on stuff round these parts. The way fast food chains use mayo should be outlawed. Especially Burger King. If I ever went to BK. Which I don't... because it's gross and I like my intestines intact and the back of my neck not a dead ringer for a pack of hot dogs.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
According to Rossi/Yohe, Sullivan is loyal to his staff and wants to bring them all back, for whatever that's worth.

I know Sullivan won't be fired but can you even imagine running this thing back with the same exact coaching staff as last year? That would be absolutely insane to me to even consider doing that.
Let's do it and just say it was a fluke few years, 3rd times the charm for sure NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I could see the Canes wanting to change directions pending this year's results. Despite all the big talk about that team they haven't done much with their window as of yet when it's counted. And they seem like a well-run organization so this many years of only relative success and frankly more hype than results might spur them to move on from Rod.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Canes just feel like they're missing that gamebreaking talent. Destined to be very good but never quite good enough. Maybe this is the year they do it, I dunno.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I could see the Canes wanting to change directions pending this year's results. Despite all the big talk about that team they haven't done much with their window as of yet when it's counted. And they seem like a well-run organization so this many years of only relative success and frankly more hype than results might spur them to move on from Rod.
Won't be about changing directions for the Canes. It's about being a cheap ass franchise. They don't want to pay Brind'amour and his assistants their true value.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Seattle makes the playoffs last season despite being well ahead of their "rebuild schedule", but fires their coach this year because they didn't make it.

Pittsburgh continues to spiral worse and worse and Sullivan's got a lifetime contract.

Make it make sense.
We have the best coach ever

If he can't do it, no one can

Our players are put in the best possible position to succeed

The kraken don't have Mike Sullivan, so it makes sense they fired their loser

Not his fault, bad puck luck

And firing coaches is not how we do things in Pittsburgh

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
If there is any sort of opening on the Penguins' staff, the Pens should look hard at adding Jay Leach in some capacity. He wasn't fired with Hakstol and MacFarland, but who knows what his future looks like in Seattle with this change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad