Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I hope there’s a ton of empty seats next season if nothing changes.
Not just empty, unsold

Every sporting event i go to has like 80-90% full (60% in terms of Cardinals and Blues here) at best, yet every ticket was sold.... Yeah losing concessions hurts a bit.... But if an uncomfortable plastic seat sits empty but it's making from $60-600 to do so....

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm not sure how much I'd rely on DK, but it's bonkers that NEd doesn't seem to be in their plans.
They can't afford him unless they move Jarry.

It'd be insane to be spending 8 million on Jarry/Ned as a platoon and that's probably what they'd be doing if they brought him back and didn't move Jarry

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They can't afford him unless they move Jarry.

It'd be insane to be spending 8 million on Jarry/Ned as a platoon and that's probably what they'd be doing if they brought him back and didn't move Jarry
Yeah, what’s crazy is not trying to trade Jarry’s contract lol..

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It seems even weirder to me to not start Jarry once for like 15 straight games or whatever it was and have Crosby and the team say some of the (correct) things they did about Ned and still make him part of the team's plans. But with that dumbass contract he's probably immovable.

Pfffft... goaltenders.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It seems even weirder to me to not start Jarry once for like 15 straight games or whatever it was and have Crosby and the team say some of the (correct) things they did about Ned and still make him part of the team's plans. But with that dumbass contract he's probably immovable.

Pfffft... goaltenders.

Does it?

This franchise bends over backwards to worship everyone.

I get Carter had a HHOF career and is a great guy, but that whole thing was just a perfect explanation of how far this franchise has fallen. I don't remember that type of stupidity for Cullen. Maybe because we had just gotten swept in the playoffs.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Does it?

This franchise bends over backwards to worship everyone.

I get Carter had a HHOF career and is a great guy, but that whole thing was just a perfect explanation of how far this franchise has fallen. I don't remember that type of stupidity for Cullen. Maybe because we had just gotten swept in the playoffs.

To repeat a phrase you just used... does it? Certainly not everyone haha

I wish Carter the best but the whole Big Jeff experience sans like 6 total months has been entirely over the top and obnoxious. They act like they got Bryan Trottier 2.0 or something.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
CARTER TAUGHT SID A LOT DAMN IT

images

I swear, when i heard sullivan say the shit.. Bitch.. What?
Don't worry that they are 2 years apart in age

At least cullen taught the team how to work out

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To repeat a phrase you just used... does it? Certainly not everyone haha

I wish Carter the best but the whole Big Jeff experience sans like 6 total months has been entirely over the top and obnoxious. They act like they got Bryan Trottier 2.0 or something.

Yes, Malkin got a huge deal from this franchise and is treated like a god.

The media may have different feelings about him, but the franchise values him tremendously.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yes. The franchise has paid Malkin 126 million dollars.

True enough. He's made a lot of money here and quite a legacy that, despite a lot of my grousing, the team very often honors.

I probably have some fairly obvious rejoinders to it being more than just a money issue but I already defend the guy overmuch and besides... I'm old but it's still Friday night and I'm finally done with work haha

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
It should be scorched earth but it will just be Reirden and possibly Velluccci both letting their contracts expire.

I’m sure the 4th set of assistant coaches surely will not make Sullivan look like an idiot.

4 sets of coaches, multiple owners, 3 or 4 gms if you count Allvin

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'm in a holding pattern with Dubas. He hasn't been on the job for a year, so we'll see what tricks he's got up his sleeve between now and opening night puck drop.

I feel the same. He made mistakes this offseason but on aggregate it was positive. And as sad as it is, the incentives are there for him to not give up on a coach too quickly. Once you fire a coach your own seat starts getting hot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let the “Fire Sullivan” chants ring out loud in October

That is if our rich bandwagon of schmucks could get off their phones for more than 5 minutes…..
They should post a new banner for the team at PPG given the last few seasons and players can wear a patch on their patch on their jerseys: “striving for mediocrity”

Unfortunately it’s hits home and that’s what I think of when I listen to Dubas…does he even care whether the Pens get into the playoffs and win? Not sure

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
They should post a new banner for the team at PPG given the last few seasons and players can wear a patch on their patch on their jerseys: “striving for mediocrity”

Unfortunately it’s hits home and that’s what I think of when I listen to Dubas…does he even care whether the Pens get into the playoffs and win? Not sure

I doubt it.

I bet that pencil-necked little pissworm dork is still fangirling at night about just being the GM of the team with Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad