Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
If this guy gets fired from San Jose, you know his buddy Sully will be pushing for him to be hired in Pittsburgh.
1713475335242.png

• Haha
Reactions: Son Goku

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Reirdon probably won't be getting fired. Found this from a couple years ago,

1713476126996.png

If reading right, his two year extension would have kicked in this season and he would have one more (2024-25) season to go.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
‘Tis absolutely infuriating that these f***ing dolts haven’t been told to pound sand yet…

But I guess that would be too much too soon for poor Mikey’s widdle feelings to handle, since now his beloved Carter is gone. :eyeroll: :shakehead

This org has become such an unlikeable trashheap… :shakehead

Reactions: Andy99 and eXile3

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
It seems like the entire org is okay with the next couple years being some long retirement tour. I used to be such a fan of Sully and now he’s become some distant nemesis. At least I’ll save money on tickets.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Reirdon probably won't be getting fired. Found this from a couple years ago,

View attachment 854712

If reading right, his two year extension would have kicked in this season and he would have one more (2024-25) season to go.
That would have been the 22-23 season, so 22-23 and 23-24 would be the extension.

Unless he was already under contract, which would not surprise me.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That would have been the 22-23 season, so 22-23 and 23-24 would be the extension.

Unless he was already under contract, which would not surprise me.
He was. It was an extension signed during the off season, so It could be 2 years starting in 2023-24.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas sees a PP that cost the Pens so much. NO way Reirden is back with that crap PP. Plus, Dubas needs a coach who will run the PP and maybe the D to end the puck support and stick on puck nonsense that Sullivan employs. Dubas can't fire Sullivan with the last month of play, But he needs to make changes that move Sullivan towards a system that is playable and adds physicality to the mix.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Why haven't they fired them yet?
Sullivan is staying. He wouldn't have given a press conference if he wasn't.

The assistant coach changes will likely come in the next week, perhaps as soon as tomorrow before Dubas speaks to the media.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Dubas essentially said he's going to evaluate the staff with Sullivan tells me there will be a few changes.

Hazed Yoshi

Apr 13, 2023
Take a cannon. Point cannon in the direction of buffalo. Put sully in cannon. Fire the cannon.

Meh, he prob won't be going anywhere..

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dubas essentially said he's going to evaluate the staff with Sullivan tells me there will be a few changes.
He also said both the team and Sully could use a fresh start. I think there is a disagreement between FSG and Dubas on coaching. My guess is one isnt completely sold on Sully, probably Dubas.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
He also said both the team and Sully could use a fresh start. I think there is a disagreement between FSG and Dubas on coaching. My guess is one isnt completely sold on Sully, probably Dubas.
Yeah, I think there's a part of him that sees value in completely cleaning house, but he also sees value in Sullivan's existing relationship with the core.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah, I think there's a part of him that sees value in completely cleaning house, but he also sees value in Sullivan's existing relationship with the core.
Personal opinion is that if Keefe gets fired from Toronto, Dubas is going to press hard for him. But all of this rests on what Sid has/will say about Sully. If Sid wants him as coach all of this is a mute point.

Reactions: Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Personal opinion is that if Keefe gets fired from Toronto, Dubas is going to press hard for him. But all of this rests on what Sid has/will say about Sully. If Sid wants him as coach all of this is a mute point.
Sid will never say to fire him though, or anyone for that matter. If Sully is staying you need someone like Tocchet around him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Imagine missing the playoffs two straight seasons after multiple seasons of losing in the first round and there's still no talk of changing the coach.

I'm still laughing at all those Boston fans who came into our forum when FSG first bought the Pens to "warn us" about how cutthroat they are and how they'll fire someone/trade someone immediately if the results aren't there.

sure-jan-brady-bunch.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad