Speculation: Offseason changes. You are the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
DEFENSEMEN
Karl Alzner ($2.800m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
Ron Hainsey ($2.000m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Dmitry Orlov ($2.000m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)

1. that's way too much money for a 3rd pair defenseman.
2. the caps shouldn't be angling for orlov - green. if green stays, then orlov remains on 3.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
1. that's way too much money for a 3rd pair defenseman.
2. the caps shouldn't be angling for orlov - green. if green stays, then orlov remains on 3.

If they somehow manage to get Boychuk then Green should be moved right away. Boychuk is very good #3D and should play in the 2nd pairing with possibly Orlov.

I would be perfectly fine with getting McQuaid since i assume that's who'll the Bruins end up moving. Pretty solid 3rd pairing D who should move Erskine out of the line-up (and hopefully team) permanently.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If they somehow manage to get Boychuk then Green should be moved right away. Boychuk is very good #3D and should play in the 2nd pairing with possibly Orlov.

I would be perfectly fine with getting McQuaid since i assume that's who'll the Bruins end up moving. Pretty solid 3rd pairing D who should move Erskine out of the line-up (and hopefully team) permanently.

The Bs aren't moving either of those guys IMO.

I think we should probably focus on guys more readily available. Barring a collapse there is absolutely no incentive for Boston to make such changes.

OldHat

Jul 15, 2013
Under A Mountain

I think we should probably focus on guys more readily available. Barring a collapse there is absolutely no incentive for Boston to make such changes.

Not to mention that the top of the lineup should be addressed, and then the botton pairing is fixed by guys sliding down the depth chart.

That being said, top dmen don't grow on trees - but is anyone really comfortable with Carlzner as a top pairing?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

I think they will.

They have that cap penalty for next season and will get Seidenberg back from injury too, so they are overloaded at D and will look to move some salary to keep Iginla. Even if they don't keep Meszaros and Potter they will still have 8 NHL-level D that should play basically every game so moving 1 (McQuaid most likely) is possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad