Officials now have nameplates on their jersey

What is the logic of this? I enjoyed listening to some fan yell horrible things at the wrong referee because he paid attention to the pre game announcement and picked one name to remember for both officials

Why are we giving the officials a more precise bullseye?
Don't want to be a bullseye?...don't put yourself in a position to be a bullseye. They knew the job description when they signed up...shouldn't be able to hide behind a veil of secrecy. Name or not..they know when they're the target of the hecklers.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
If a ref does a good job they shouldn't have anything to worry about. Then there's Joe Park who is a terrible OHL referee IMO. I'm not the only one who thinks so...heard complaints from fans in a few cities about him.

the dog

May 16, 2014
If a ref does a good job they shouldn't have anything to worry about. Then there's Joe Park who is a terrible OHL referee IMO. I'm not the only one who thinks so...heard complaints from fans in a few cities about him.
here in Niagara I always said that:rant:

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
What is the logic of this? I enjoyed listening to some fan yell horrible things at the wrong referee because he paid attention to the pre game announcement and picked one name to remember for both officials

Why are we giving the officials a more precise bullseye?

That call on Santos last week during the home opener was terrible! Head shot and a game misconduct when it was clearly shoulder on shoulder, and the replay confirmed it. Coulombe never had his arm up for an infraction until the player fell to the ice....

Go back to one referee and save some money, at least you only had one set of eyes not seeing anything....

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON

"Man, Park really hates [insert local team name]!" - every OHL fan :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3