Official Training Camp Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
JR said Andy Mac has the flu. In a way, it's good news. Sucks for Andy, but at least it shouldn't keep him out too long.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
@andystrickland:
"Can't see Jaden Schwartz being left off roster, all signs point towards him sticking...difficult decisions to get roster down #stlblues"

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
14 forwards right?

1.Backes
2.Oshie
3.Perron
4.McDonald
5.Steen
6.Tarasenko
7.Berglund
8.Stewart
9.Schwartz
10. Sobotka
11. D'Agostini
12. Langenbrunner
13. Nichol
14. Reaves
15. Porter

7 defenders

1. Pietrangelo
2. Shattenkirk
3. Polak
4. Jackman
5. Russell
6. Cole
7. Woywitka
8. White

Who's going? We can no longer put Porter on waivers apparently.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
14 forwards right?

1.Backes
2.Oshie
3.Perron
4.McDonald
5.Steen
6.Tarasenko
7.Berglund
8.Stewart
9.Schwartz
10. Sobotka
11. D'Agostini
12. Langenbrunner
13. Nichol
14. Reaves
15. Porter

7 defenders

1. Pietrangelo
2. Shattenkirk
3. Polak
4. Jackman
5. Russell
6. Cole
7. Woywitka
8. White

Any one can be put on waivers, but in order to send some one down tomorrow they would have to have been put on waivers today. Players put on waivers are on waivers for 24 hrs they cannot be sent down, loaned, bought out, etc. until the end of the 24 hrs. The roster has to be at 23 players by 3 PM tomorrow (I read some where its 5 PM but everything else says 3). So if Porter, or any other player, was to be sent down by 3 PM tomorrow they would have to have been put on waivers today. The only players they are able to send down without having to wait 24 hrs are players who are not eligible for waivers.

If they sign White they are 2 players over, but if they sign him they will probably wait until after 3 PM tomorrow to do it.

The roster does not have to be 14 forwards 7 D they can do anything they want. If a team really wanted to a team could dress 23 forwards as long as 2 of them dressed as goalies.

millpoo

Sep 26, 2006
ST. A
Halak vs. Elliott - Who get's more starts this year?

Oiler fan seeking a bit of a St. Louis update.

With training camp coming down to it's final days, what's the word on the goaltending situation with the Blues? I know you have two quality netminders in Halak and Elliott, but I was wondering if there's indication that one will play as many as 30 games.

How have they looked in camp and what are their expectations for the season?

Thanks

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Does McDonald's illness give them any flexibility to keep an extra player? Is there an IR at this point (or some other designation for McDonald that denotes temporary impairment and give permission to add a player to the roster)? Otherwise, I'm confused at what they're doing.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Does McDonald's illness give them any flexibility to keep an extra player? Is there an IR at this point (or some other designation for McDonald that denotes temporary impairment and give permission to add a player to the roster)? Otherwise, I'm confused at what they're doing.

They could put AMac on IR but he would have to be there for a min of 7 days. If they did that he would miss 4 games, if it is just the flu I do not see that happening.

Their only choices at this point are to send down Schwartz or Tarasenko, make a trade, or put some one on IR (but nobody is hurt) and that would just be temporary.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
14 forwards right?

1.Backes
2.Oshie
3.Perron
4.McDonald
5.Steen
6.Tarasenko
7.Berglund
8.Stewart
9.Schwartz
10. Sobotka
11. D'Agostini
12. Langenbrunner
13. Nichol
14. Reaves
15. Porter

7 defenders

1. Pietrangelo
2. Shattenkirk
3. Polak
4. Jackman
5. Russell
6. Cole
7. Woywitka
8. White

Why list Tarasenko waaaay ahead of Schwartz? Schwartz will be better IMO

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Why list Tarasenko waaaay ahead of Schwartz? Schwartz will be better IMO

It seems that list has more to do with responsibility - it's roughly by line. McDonald and Steen each had more even-strength AND total icetime per game than Berglund and Stewart did last year, so it's pretty reasonable to expect something similar going into this season, meaning that Tarasenko will probably get more minutes just because of the line he's on. It's possible Berglund's line really emerges and is a higher impact line, possibly getting more minutes; but if you're just making a rough list to figure out player responsibility, that's a fine way to do it, no matter who you think will actually perform better.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Detroit is kicking Redden's tires as well, from mynhltraderumors.com :

Helene St. James via twitter: The Red Wings are discussing if Wade Redden could be a fit.

But, for once, The Blues are considered the better team and the team with the better future. So, Redden is more likely to choose to sign with The Blues, even if Detroit offers up to 25-30% more.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'd rather sign Redden for $1 million to $1.3 million (that he'll likely be offered by the few interested teams) than pay Bouwmeester $6.8 million, AND have to trade off lots of player assets and draft choices to get him.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
They could put AMac on IR but he would have to be there for a min of 7 days. If they did that he would miss 4 games, if it is just the flu I do not see that happening.

Their only choices at this point are to send down Schwartz or Tarasenko, make a trade, or put some one on IR (but nobody is hurt) and that would just be temporary.

You can't abuse the system and place a healthy player, for instance Porter, on IR right? It's shady business, but if it's not against the rules, I'd do it. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules though, or at least it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA