GDT: Official Trade Deadline Thread Part XXX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
You know the drill.

Please only post news, rumors, and confirmed trades from reputable sources. Make sure it's a legitimate Twitter account, and isn't using an L for an I or something like that! We don't win points for being the first to post something. Please also be clear if you're speculating or posting something you read, and if the latter, post your source.

Also, this thread is for discussion of potential and actual trades and speculation on actual rumors.

Save your roster building, fantasy drafts and prospect discussion for when we reopen the Roster Building Thread.

Edit: Shamelessly stolen from Gardner McKay

Edit: Who I (GM) shamelessly stole from former admin nyr2k2

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love the ‘chances are the Rangers won’t get a player as good as Hayes at 23-31’ ignoring that Hayes was drafted in the same range.

Yes the Rangers should be thinking about the future. But also:

-Don't trade Hayes
-Don't trade Zuccarello
-Don't trade Kreider
-Sign Panarin

The man can't type three words without contradicting himself.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Brooks is subhuman.

Brooks has had the bug up his ass concerning Hayes for a year, this was inevitable.

But the standout items for me were:

Listen, we’re not talking about Jean Ratelle here. Nor Walter Tkaczuk. Objectively, if Kevin Hayes is your second-best player (behind Mika Zibanejad), you’re probably not contending for a championship.

And

When the Rangers checked in a couple of weeks ago, the number may have been as high as seven years at $7M per.

Speaking only for myself, I am still not comfortable going 7x7, or even 7x5, including a NMC, for Hayes.

The terms of the deal have always made me feel uneasy. They'd make feel uneasy if the Rangers decided to resign Hayes this offseason --- thus having their cake and eating it too.

Larry just kind of brushes past the whole dollars and terms aspect of this story because it doesn't really fit with the narrative he's wanted to portray. And frankly, the more time most people have to think about the dollars and terms, the more likely a feeling of uneasiness is likely to grow.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yes the Rangers should be thinking about the future. But also:

-Don't trade Hayes
-Don't trade Zuccarello
-Don't trade Kreider
-Sign Panarin

The man can't type three words without contradicting himself.
I don't see a serious plan for getting better in what some are saying.

The team with Hayes and Zuccarello isn't any good, but committing $3-5 million more in cap space to older versions of those players? Exciting thought.

Building a really good team takes some luck. They should be doing everything they can to increase their exposure to luck. You don't have the picks, you're reducing that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Dreger says the Rangers are already getting calls about Lemieux and that McQuaid as well as Claesson look like they'll be moved.

Winston2018

Winston The Maltipoo
Feb 5, 2018
NNJ
What is the better deal for Nashville

Fabbro,Tolaveen and a 1st for Krieder
Fabbro Tolaveen and a 1st for unsigned Stone

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Would anyone be surprised if Hayes regressed next year back to his old 40-50 point self? I wouldn't. Also, scoring has been up for just about everyone this season

He's been good but also playing for a contract... there is a decent amount of risk involved in signing him long term.

Reactions: jas

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Hearing at least one team recently approached the Rangers about Lundqvist, but were told he's still not willing to waive no-move.

From Dave Pag

Thinking maybe Calgary. Guess Hank really does want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad