Official Trade Deadline Thread | Part VII: This Is The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

miked1101

May 19, 2011
I cant believe after all we had to go thru u defend that rodent he screwed us of a 1st and top prospect we could of had dano or honka and a 1st do u even know what your saying?? :facepalm:

Calling Hammer a rodent is bang out of order. Give your head a shake dude :shakehead

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I've seen some incompetent management groups but what these clowns have managed to do in less than 2 years is quite impressive. I'm horrified what will happen if they are given the rope an average GM. He's made a decade worth of bad moves in just 2 years...if you give him 2 more years it might set the canucks back two decades.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I'll be blunt. Who the hell are you (generalization) to say what is good for anyone, let alone a professional athlete. It's his career, his life and his choice as per the contract he signed. Any fan who legitimately hates Hamhuis because he didn't want to go elsewhere*, frankly, can sod right off.

*Not saying that's the case, just in this scenario.

I legitimately hate Hamhuis, and I'm not sodding anywhere. This fan base has a right to be upset in just about every direction right now. Looking at Hamhuis is a disgusting reminder of what could have been. Not his fault, but **** him and his 3 teams.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Good thing they only had 1 NTC on defense at the time he was signed (Salo).

Irrelevant. They exist and are completely legal under the CBA. Good luck signing any sought after 1st line forward or top 2 defenseman without giving some sort of NTC.

Well my apologies. They also ended up with Edler, Bieksa, Garrison, and Hamhuis all on NTC's. I guess Hamhuis was maybe the only one that deserved one. Doesn't make it any better for the Canucks. There should be a tribunal that decides if a player deserves one or not.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
I really have to hand it to Benning here. Although the media and many fans were calling for an immediate sell off of all vets (a la Toronto), Benning stuck to his guns and kept his vets.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Vrbata go, the truth of the matter is that losing Hamhuis would have been extremely risky (i.e. if unable to re-sign Hammer next season, making a thin defense even thinnner.......which could have affected the rebuilding process, and more specifically, guys like Ben Hutton and Jacob Markstrom).

I know fans are disappointed right now, but Benning really is putting on a clinic as to how you rebuild S-L-O-W-L-Y and S-T-E-A-D-I-L-Y while maintaining a culture of accountability (i.e. conducive environment for the kids).

My hats off to Benning and the team for not giving into media pressure.

Hamhuis is gonna resign here regardless...he's said it multiple times, it wouldn't be hard to do. Also, you say he's rebuilding steadily and slowly when he's been doing the opposite. He's trying to trade picks and teenagers for players in the 22-26 age group to SPEED UP the rebuild.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I really have to hand it to Benning here. Although the media and many fans were calling for an immediate sell off of all vets (a la Toronto), Benning stuck to his guns and kept his vets.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Vrbata go, the truth of the matter is that losing Hamhuis would have been extremely risky (i.e. if unable to re-sign Hammer next season, making a thin defense even thinnner.......which could have affected the rebuilding process, and more specifically, guys like Ben Hutton and Jacob Markstrom).

I know fans are disappointed right now, but Benning really is putting on a clinic as to how you rebuild S-L-O-W-L-Y and S-T-E-A-D-I-L-Y while maintaining a culture of accountability (i.e. conducive environment for the kids).

Do you pride yourself on such stupid paragraph post?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

U cant write this whats this mean u cant just do this this is so bad post of writings i cant handel this crazed nongarbage what woukd u write this for it makes no sense after what happend

:shakehead :facepalm:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Benning could take a dump, and you'd be all Donald Trump about it.

"Benning only takes the smelliest, strongest dumps. Nobody is the leauge poops out a better dump then Benning. Hats off for not giving in to constipation"

Feb 24, 2004
Then let us hire a fan as GM and coach, since obviously half the board here knows better then any GM or coach.

In good days, the cheer, and in bad times, they turn the other way other. In Europe we calling it being a hypocrite and not really a real fan.

Of course we need changes, and a rebuild. But far they way the majority of the so called fans here wants.

Leafs fan stopping in to just say that you have absolutely no right to judge someone else's fandom. Even if your opinion is correct (it's not), that doesn't make you any better of a fan than other posters, who - like you - are taking time out of their day to post on an internet message board dedicated to the team they support. Seems like a fan to me.

PS: The "no way a fan could do better than a GM or coach" argument is old and tiresome, especially since there are plenty of instances - for plenty of teams, in plenty of sports - of the fans collective opinion being more accurate.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006

holy ****, jim benning has a hfboards account

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002

Your posts are always a laugh but Benning is doing anything but rebuilding slowly and steadily.

Most of his moves are to speed-up a rebuild, 2nd for Vey, 2nd for Baertschi, 5th for Larsen, Shinkaruk for Granlund etc... It's actually a recipe for disaster. But believe what you want.

If he was truly rebuilding Hamhuis would have been moved today at the very least.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
...source??

...source??

Go dig it up in one of the old threads on here. Hamhuis reportedly waived for Pitts, Chi and Dallas. The trade returns are speculation from media sources, like I said believe it if you want or just believe that Dan Hamhuis and Mike Gillis are sabotaging us.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
I fail to see how this is pinned on Hammer. I had not lost any respect for him after today, at all, I still think he has been a great player for us and he has his heart for the city of Vancouver, not just the Canucks.

This debacle is 99% on Benning - like I posted before, Benning's inability to perform at TDL is appalling, there are FAR worse players who's been dealt with far better returns. Our situation with Hammer is not significantly more difficult than others. This is squarely on Benning.

Hamhuis wants to stay in Vancouver, wants to (I assume) win a cup, so why wouldn't he give up 3 months, then come back as a UFA, to a better team?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
"Team friendly deal" as in the last one he signed?

No more than his current salary and no more than 3 years. You saw his first 40 games this year, you want him signed for 5 years at 6 mil until he is 39?

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Fire Benning
Bench Hamhuis

/season

Werent you posting this morning how you believed in Benning and how you had a good feeling about today? Too lazy to dig up the posts but I can later when I'm not on mobile

Not even 24 hrs and you want to fire Benning? :laugh:

skg

Jul 29, 2005
Meanwhile, Vrbata practicing with the top line per Kuzma. A few weeks too late, Willie.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Management had a critical goal to achieve and they failed - they inexcusably failed. I've expressed concern about them being fired mid-season (namely, with who replaces them if they're fired mid-season), but after today, I wouldn't be concerned if they were fired tomorrow morning

ALL of them don't deserve to be working in hockey... Linden has been given a great chance being a former player and 'former' hero of this city and such to bring in competent guys... Or hell, just promote the competent guys we ALREADY HAD IN THIS ORGANIZATION in Gilman, Crawford and Henning... Gilman would have made a fine GM...

I'm honestly still shocked. I didn't think even Benning was this incompetent but man I was proven wrong.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Hamhuis didn't want to waive, plain and simple. Can't fault him on that, his decision

He WAIVED. How big does the font need to be!

HE WAIVED HE WAIVED HE WAIVED

Your saviour Jim Benning screwed it up. Stop spreading this false narrative here.

It's disgusting that Canucks "fans" would rather blame Dan Hamhuis for this fiasco than the idiots who are dragging us to the bottom. Just disgusting.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
I legitimately hate Hamhuis, and I'm not sodding anywhere. This fan base has a right to be upset in just about every direction right now. Looking at Hamhuis is a disgusting reminder of what could have been. Not his fault, but **** him and his 3 teams.

Many fans feel the same way as you. you are not alone. Hamhuis has to leave the canucks now IMO, no room for him here anymore. No one is going to buy his jersey.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hamhuis wants to stay in Vancouver, wants to (I assume) win a cup, so why wouldn't he give up 3 months, then come back as a UFA, to a better team?

Hammer was truly willing to waive for Chicago and Dallas, Benning screwed this s**** up in the most complete sense possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad