Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a troubled man

Kirk Minihane @Minihane - WARNING LANGUAGE

I was told by a friend who has worked for WEEI since Papa Geno's owned it that a major Entercom sponsor not only in Boston but in NY, Philadelphia, Chicago and LA said they would pull all ads from Entercom stations if he returned. This is a contract worth millions.

Former WEEI/Boston Host Kirk Minihane Exits Entercom And Radio.com With Some Parting Shots

“We have mutually agreed to part ways with Kirk and allow him to pursue other opportunities,’’ Entercom said in a statement. “Over the years, Kirk has been a valuable member of the WEEI team, and a host of the ‘Enough About Me’ podcast.

“We wish him all the best on his future endeavors.”

Minihane predicted on his Periscope, which aired live while he was walking the aisles of a CVS in Lexington, that Entercom would wish him well in those future endeavors. The sentiment was not mutual.

“What’s next is whatever,’’ he said. “I don’t know what the next move is going to be but, but I’m just relieved. And I have nothing good to say about the place I was just at.”

He then explained his feelings in cruder language, criticizing past colleagues including co-host Gerry Callahan. Only Mike Mutnansky, who replaced Minihane on the morning show, was praised.

Kirk Minihane, Entercom officially part ways

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I can understand why he trashed Callahan on the video - BUT Dale????

nothing but displacement. He was his own worst enemy, didnt take a job that anybody would be lucky to have seriously. His cohosts most the time just tried to tell him to keep it together.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I can understand why he trashed Callahan on the video - BUT Dale????

For some reason, I switched over this morning and heard Gerry getting all pissed off because Kirk said he back stabbed him.

Whatever. Good riddance!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
For some reason, I switched over this morning and heard Gerry getting all pissed off because Kirk said he back stabbed him.

Whatever. Good riddance!
You wouldn’t? I’d be pissed too.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Probably gonna go to barstool and host a radio show.

Kirks a dick, Gerry is a dinosaur

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I could be wrong about this, but my guess is that Minihane ends up with a pretty good deal at his next stop. Probably more than he was making at Entercom
Doesn’t matter, he’ll ruin it also. Knuckle head.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Happy for Kirk, he got black balled out of there and they treated him like crap before he ever went on a tirade and then messed around with his ability to find a new job with upholding the non compete contract.

Wish nothing but the best for him. That radio show has gone completely down hill since he left.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think he has to act professional at all when it comes to entercom. I think he’s well within his rights to blast them

He’s an asshole but wanna know something? So is pretty much everybody else in the local sports radio scene. They are either hacks or wallpaper.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I am happy he is gone. In my opinion the show was better before him and after him. I feel like every time i put on the show all i heard was Kirk yelling at someone about how great he was and how everyone else sucked. couldn't stand him at all. I flip between the two sports stations all the time along with a few others depending on my mood on the drive in but when Kirk was on the show I would never last more than 5 minutes on weei.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Happy for Kirk, he got black balled out of there and they treated him like crap before he ever went on a tirade and then messed around with his ability to find a new job with upholding the non compete contract.

Wish nothing but the best for him. That radio show has gone completely down hill since he left.

Ya ask me, That radio show went completely down hill the day he started.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Doesn’t matter, he’ll ruin it also. Knuckle head.
Maybe. But I'm just surprised at all the people who think he's screwed or that karma has bitten him in the ass. This is what he wanted... it's what he engineered.

Personally, I think he's going to end up at Barstool. And if he does, he'll be on a larger platform, working for a larger brand, speaking to a larger audience, probably making a lot more money, and probably enjoying a lot more professional freedom.

I'm not sure how that could be considered a massive win for Minihane. Maybe he'll screw it up, but it's clearly a more appealing option in the short-term.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I always had a good time listening to him. I heard his shtick like an Andy Kaufman on the radio. I am sure he's a nightmare to work with and by most accounts he seems like a dick, but I found his ability to subvert the norms of sports radio bordering on genius at times.

Reactions: sarge88

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I always had a good time listening to him. I heard his shtick like an Andy Kaufman on the radio. I am sure he's a nightmare to work with and by most accounts he seems like a dick, but I found his ability to subvert the norms of sports radio bordering on genius at times.
That was always my reaction to some when they didn’t like what he said and I just listened to it and asked myself. Don’t they know he is joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad