Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I grew up watching the Sox from an early age [we couldn't get Channel 38] so I've been through a whole slew of announcers. I always liked the Ken Coleman/Ned Martin duo.

Loved Ken Coleman,Ned Martin. Remember the intro;"You're just in time for the ballgame,you're just in time for excitement and fun,here's Ken Coleman standing by,the voice of the Red Sox a real nice guy"!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I grew up watching the Sox from an early age [we couldn't get Channel 38] so I've been through a whole slew of announcers. I always liked the Ken Coleman/Ned Martin duo.

I really enjoyed Ned on NESN. Again, I'm no baseball fan, and hate summer, but Ned was like an old shoe. Comfortable & easy.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loved Ken Coleman,Ned Martin. Remember the intro;"You're just in time for the ballgame,you're just in time for excitement and fun,here's Ken Coleman standing by,the voice of the Red Sox a real nice guy"!

Reminds me how far radio has sunk to boost ratings. The pregame jingle was pure and cornball. Castiglione is a throwback but I think his time has passed.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Reminds me how far radio has sunk to boost ratings. The pregame jingle was pure and cornball. Castiglione is a throwback but I think his time has passed.

Back when sports radio was fun and not always angry about something ala Fox and MSNBC...

Z7MVO8o.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

LOL yup that was it!!! :laugh:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Dish Networks drops Haggs and Felger

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchi...new_england.html?camp=twit:tatb&dlvrit=845880

It appears that Celtics fans who are Dish Network subscribers will have to find another way to watch their basketball team this season.

Dish Network dropped Comcast SportsNet New England -- the television home of the Celtics as well as numerous other programs -- from its service early this morning after ending negotiations on a carrier extension.

The contract expired June 30, but the sides agreed on a month-long extension through July and then two 24-hour extensions in August before Dish Network pulled the plug at 2 a.m. today.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Me either. I have DirecTV and I love it though it is getting a tad expensive.

call them and threaten to leave. They may want to lock you in to a contract, but they'll lower your bill and throw in a bunch of freebies. Guaranteed as long as you are a good customer.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Felgy: "Is could a verb?"

Mazz: ...

"no"

..."ah I guess it is."

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Just wondering, why does everybody hate Haggerty? Every time I mention him somebody has something bad to say about him.

Felger is my boy. Easily one of the hardest working Boston media guys around. One of the only guys I can listen to on the radio.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just wondering, why does everybody hate Haggerty? Every time I mention him somebody has something bad to say about him.

Felger is my boy. Easily one of the hardest working Boston media guys around. One of the only guys I can listen to on the radio.

Because he used to post here and came off a lot of the time as condescending. Which would have been fine, if he had been open to backing up his points the way everyone here usually does, but he would throw things out and get annoyed when people didn't accept them as gospel.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Because he used to post here and came off a lot of the time as condescending. Which would have been fine, if he had been open to backing up his points the way everyone here usually does, but he would throw things out and get annoyed when people didn't accept them as gospel.

You're an idiot. Frank Simonetti is clearly the best defenseman to EVER lace up skates! :naughty:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
call them and threaten to leave. They may want to lock you in to a contract, but they'll lower your bill and throw in a bunch of freebies. Guaranteed as long as you are a good customer.

Thanks, I will. I've been with them for years now so they'll probably do it. :yo:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Yeah that always ticked me off. Just because you're a journalist that doesn't make you God. :shakehead

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA

Remember that article he wrote last season that read like he was coming off a 2 week whiskey and opium bender.... and when people started asking questions he blamed the whole world rather than taking any responsibility.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Remember that article he wrote last season that read like he was coming off a 2 week whiskey and opium bender.... and when people started asking questions he blamed the whole world rather than taking any responsibility.

Yep. It was classic Simonetti Fan Club BS just like I remembered it...:laugh:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Not that I ever did but how anyone still finds him credible after that is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad