Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Just wondering, why does everybody hate Haggerty? Every time I mention him somebody has something bad to say about him.

Felger is my boy. Easily one of the hardest working Boston media guys around. One of the only guys I can listen to on the radio.

I think if you mentioned just about anyone, someone has something negative to say (me included).

I don't hate Haggerty. He appears to have a rather high opinion of himself and from what I gather, does not take criticism well. (Surprise, a thin skinned media type.) I read his stuff on a regular basis. It's not great, but it's not terrible, either.

The piece he wrote back in 2010 about what was "really going on" inside the B's locker room, if accurate, was valuable reading. No one else was writing stuff like that at the time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just wondering, why does everybody hate Haggerty? Every time I mention him somebody has something bad to say about him.

Felger is my boy. Easily one of the hardest working Boston media guys around. One of the only guys I can listen to on the radio.

he can dish it but cant take it.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Because he used to post here and came off a lot of the time as condescending. Which would have been fine, if he had been open to backing up his points the way everyone here usually does, but he would throw things out and get annoyed when people didn't accept them as gospel.

Ugh, I can totally see that. Anybody know his username? Just wanted to see some of his post ha. I don't get why, he's a friggin journalist. Typical townie I guess, and me coming from the city I can't stand that. How do like them apples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad