Confirmed with Link: Official Rookie Camp and Training Camp Schedule

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Yikes! We only have 4 true RW in the system. Definitely an area of need as our top 2 RW are 34/35 (?) and 37, one of which is actually a LW. I suppose we have plenty of center depth that can convert to RW since our centers are pretty well set for a long while.

Henley is a LW/c. At least that's what he was playing in he memorial cup, and he is left handed. Everberg is left handed as well, but no idea how he was actually used.

I think Borna is a RW though.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think there is something in the CBA that main camp practices can't last longer than 3 hours. Rookie camp usually is shorter, probably closer to 1.5 or 2 hours.

Thanks. Looks like I'm bringing the toddler by myself. Hopefully he cooperates.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anton Lindholm played for SAIK in the SEL premiere today. Wonder if he's coming to camp.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In a blast from the past, it sounds like Brandon Maxwell might have caught on in the LA Kings organization.

FoppaForsberg*

Why cant the kid get a hair cut? He doesn't even have nice long hair. He just has it long because he plays hockey. What's wrong with rocking a nice clean "Harvey Specter" style hair cut. Unless you can grow a salad like Sakic or Mike Fisher or you're just trying to be outrageous like Jagr/Mueller than why not at least try to look good. Beauty suit, packed on some muscle but he still looks like a troll. I'm mad at the kid!!

Seriously? Guy has nice flow.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If you're starved for hockey, QMJHL offer free streams for their games this month.

Rouyn-noranda will play in a few minutes. No idea if Nantel will play or if he's resting before Avs camp.

edit: he's playing (#22) and has been the best player on the ice, scoring the lone goal this far.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2014/9/12/duchene-roy-brings-stanley-cup-attitude-to-avs
Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene was on Sportsnet 590 Friday morning.

On how the winning attitude has been restored in Denver with Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy in place:

“We have a young team here, but I think we play the right way and we have a winning attitude and mentality. That’s the one thing Patrick preaches: Maybe we’re not going to win a Stanley Cup this year, or last year obviously, or even next year – but if we have that attitude, it’s going to come at some point. He talks about a Stanley Cup attitude and I think that’s the way our young guys think. I think that’s something that’s rare in this league. You see a learning curve for a lot of young teams. It takes a long time. And then you see the other teams, like a Chicago, that when they were young, it was very short for them. They learned quick and they won a Cup quickly. So we want to kind of follow in their footsteps. I think that’s a good model of a team for us over the past few years and I think we’d love to get to that level where we were able to win, hopefully, a Stanley Cup. Maybe a cuple.â€

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
In a blast from the past, it sounds like Brandon Maxwell might have caught on in the LA Kings organization.

What kind of goalie is he, how do you remember him? He signed to play with medvescak zagreb in khl this summer but never crossed the pond and noone explained why...guess this gives the answer

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We'll just make up our own camp roster. Avs Instagram has a pick of the stick rack. Looks like some of the new guys will be #10 and #17. Judging by stick length 10 is a forward and 17 a defenseman. Surprised nobody took numbers 13-16. And a Iginla uses quite a long stick.

CAF1837

Mar 7, 2006
www.avalanchedb.com
We'll just make up our own camp roster. Avs Instagram has a pick of the stick rack. Looks like some of the new guys will be #10 and #17. Judging by stick length 10 is a forward and 17 a defenseman. Surprised nobody took numbers 13-16. And a Iginla uses quite a long stick.

Judging by the fact that they've already been given a permanent stick locker...
Iginla = 12
Briere probably = 48

so Im guessing Winchester 10 and Stuart 17.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Winchester had #17 with Panthers and Stuart #7 with Sharks which is taken by his co-goat Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad