Official Player Inquiry Thread

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Sebastian Wannstrom? Blues 2nd round pick, 27th ranked Euro skater by NHLCS. I guess a Jarmo pick, so Ill wait and see, but it looked like a reach to me

SaucyNavel

Sep 14, 2007
Vancouver
Casper Carning info?

The CHL import draft was today and the Vancouver Giants selected him with their 2nd pick..

Anyone have some good info on his abilities?

ahhhh sorry i didn't even notice the " player inquiry sticky" until now.

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
The CHL import draft was today and the Vancouver Giants selected him with their 2nd pick..

Anyone have some good info on his abilities?
A big and strong player. Carning has good hockey sense and soft hands. He handles the puck with confidence and has the ability to set up plays as well as finish them. His wrist-shot is high calibre and he has been known to be used on the point thank to his ability to get the puck on net. Has a certain edge to his game, but does not really throw his body around. Two-way ability is fairly good. Carning's major weakness is his skating and mobility. He has problems accelerating and reaching full speed with that big frame, although he has worked extremely hard at that aspect of his game and also improved quite a bit.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5681&lang=en

LyNX27

Since the Rangers traded Sanguinetti and picked up the 6th round pick and selected "Jesper Fasth", a lot of Ranger fans have been pretty riddled about this mystical and elusive prospect. Anyone have any info for Ranger fans to use? Comparisons, and thoughts (negative and positive) welcome. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

JESPER FASTH
dsc_0616.jpg

6-foot, 176 pounds, and scored 23 goals and 26 assists last season for his HV71 J20 team.

Here is info I have collected on him :
Fasth is a very good skater with nice acceleration and top speed. He works very hard, forechecks with impressive intensity and also create a lot of offense thanks to his agility and speed. Has decent hockey sense, technical skills and scoring ability, but it perhaps still more likely to develop into a role player. Is not an overly physical player, but likes to play through rough traffic and does it pretty well.

…Love this pick. Love getting a Swedish scorer with decent size and scoring in the 6th round. Not saying it goes anywhere, but this pick is only upside as far as I am concerened.

Remarkably speedy center who is particularly good at changing direction. Tremendous energy player and great stick-handler shoots very well on the fly. Appeared in two games vs. men for HV-71 Elitserien team.

Last edited:

SaucyNavel

Sep 14, 2007
Vancouver

He left the Giants after six game.

ANCOUVER -- After just six games as a Vancouver Giant, Swedish forward Casper Carning has decided he's had enough of the Western Hockey League and is going home.

The 19-year-old winger, selected 37th overall in last June's import draft, informed Giants' general manager Scott Bonner on Monday that he wanted out. He flies home Wednesday. Carning had no goals and two assists in his six appearances.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ouver+Giants/3622302/story.html#ixzz11W2ZeDTP

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
How about Viktor Ekbom? Any chance of him being ready for AHL time this upcoming season? I see some voids being left in the Penguins depth chart and not a whole lot of incoming prospects.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
Can anyone talk abut Sebastien Erixon wo is currently playing for Timra. Any scouting report? Any NHL teams scouting him or showing interest?

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
hows mikko lehtonen have been? has he any shot making into NHL?

Been on fire lately, but I don't think he's gonna get a one-way deal. He's to sloppy in D-end and gets invisible in tight games. He's best when he get lots of ice and doesn't get forchecked hard. But has a MONSTER-shot that's for sure.

KCrushers

Jul 15, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Can anyone give me more info on Alexander Salak?

I heard he is having amazing year in Sweden ,, I liked his potential last year in AHL

Well what do you want to know? He has been fantastic, looks alot like Jonas Gustavsson wich also was the reason why Färjestad decided to bring him over. He's very tall and works on his knees most of the time, there are some rebounds but most of the time he makes sure to steer them away from the castle.. He makes the same "impossible" saves as Gustavsson did due to his fast side to side movement. He also have a tendancy to try to chest the shot down infront of him, using his upperbody sorta like a switchblade falling forward to block the puck.

Besides that you have to specify what you want.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
How about Viktor Ekbom? Any chance of him being ready for AHL time this upcoming season? I see some voids being left in the Penguins depth chart and not a whole lot of incoming prospects.

Wouldn't say he's quite ready for the AHL yet. He's improved over the season to be an OK D in the SEL but he still needs to build muscles and also get some confidence with the puck. He rarely pose a threat offensively but that's because he is mature enough to play to his strengths and focus on his primary task - the defence. He never plays PP and would probably need another season in the SEL with more minutes in that area to evolve to an AHL/NHL D-man.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wouldn't say he's quite ready for the AHL yet. He's improved over the season to be an OK D in the SEL but he still needs to build muscles and also get some confidence with the puck. He rarely pose a threat offensively but that's because he is mature enough to play to his strengths and focus on his primary task - the defence. He never plays PP and would probably need another season in the SEL with more minutes in that area to evolve to an AHL/NHL D-man.

Thanks for the info.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
I was browsing through Patric Hornqvist's stats. On elit prospects

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3683

it says he played for Väsby Hockey in 04-05. However, in the Div-B team rosters for Vasby I can't find his name. Just wondering how the whole leagues works and where I could find Hornqvist's stats.
That's probably because he finished the season with Djurgården J20. So he was deleted from the official roster there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad