*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67's 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Excited about having a look at Travis Konecny this coming year! Hopefully Ottawa Management has addressed a few concerns and plug the necessary holes. Monahan should be back to lead the Barberpoles and Middleton should have a break out year!!

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
Yes, it should be better result this season.

Everyone a year older and a few changes I'm sure.

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
I think that 67s fans should be most excited with what the team and Chris Bryne could potentially do with the second overall pick in this years import draft. History shows that any team picking in the top 5 generally ends up with a elite level talent. Examples for the previous 2nd overall picks the last couple of years include the likes of yakupov, Grigorenko and this past year, Leon Draisatl. So id say its pretty safe to say the 67s should be expecting a pretty special player. Assuming all goes according to plan of course.
Without any inside information whatsoever ive come up a with a short list of players id like to see the 67s potentially target. They def need to pick a 96 born player could be with the team for the next 3 years.

-Yevgeni Svechnikov - RW - 96(late birthday)
-Anton Karlsson - RW - 96
-Kasperi Kapanen - RW - 96
-Ivan Nikolishin - C - 96
-Jakub Vrana - RW - 96 (Not likely tho)

Like i said before, I obvously wouldnt have any inside information, but I feel like all 4 of these players would fit perfectly into ottawa's longterm plans. In my opinion, they team is already loaded with returning defencemen from last years team and it just wouldnt make sense to bring in another. Even tho and I think that everyone would agree that the defence is indeed our biggest area of concern from last year and will need to improve bigtime if we are to make the playoffs this year.

Anyways, has anybody around Otawa heard of any rumors regarding who the 67s might be targeting athe import draft?

Next season really cant come soon enough! Its going to be so fun watching the new rookies come in and seeing how much the team can impove compared to last year.

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
I would hope if D is the biggest area of concern then they would get a top D-man in the draft. I think we will be fine with the returning Forwards + the couple we have added.

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
I would hope if D is the biggest area of concern then they would get a top D-man in the draft. I think we will be fine with the returning Forwards + the couple we have added.
I def agree somewhat with what youre saying, but I feel like because of the fact that the team already has 7 returning defencemen (not even including 2nd round draft pick Troy Henly) it would make more sense for them to draft a high end forward to help solidify the offence moving into next year and the year after.

gerard leublond

Apr 17, 2013
I def agree somewhat with what youre saying, but I feel like because of the fact that the team already has 7 returning defencemen (not even including 2nd round draft pick Troy Henly) it would make more sense for them to draft a high end forward to help solidify the offence moving into next year and the year after.
Could see Kapanen as their possible pick as he has played on the same team as Henley for a few years prior to moving back to Finland. Same with Nylander.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Could see Kapanen as their possible pick as he has played on the same team as Henley for a few years prior to moving back to Finland. Same with Nylander.

Nylander would be a great get for any team, but I think he has a chance to play pro closer to home.

Kapanen would be a good fit.

gerard leublond

Apr 17, 2013
Nylander would be a great get for any team, but I think he has a chance to play pro closer to home.

Kapanen would be a good fit.
Would be a perfect fit. Is there anyone Henley has not played with or against? Heard he played with Konecny before as well. In Europe I believe. What a get that would be, Konecny and Kapanen both styles of play Henley familiar with. Oooh, the Centre would come alive.:nod:

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
Well obvously either Nylander or Kapanen would both be a huge 'gets' for the 67s, but the reason I didnt list them is because as of right now they both plan on playing pro in their respective countries. Also, both players will be playing on the same teams as thier fathers so I see the chances of them actually reporting to be fairly slim.

Nylander is prob the most talented player available, and for that reason (regardless of the reporting concerns) id be somewhat hesitant to select him, mainly because he'd most likely only be around for one season and I feel like the 67s should be looking more longterm.
But I agree if they could convince Kapanen to come over that he would be a good fit. And thats interesting to hear about the Henley connection.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
67's fans found this interesting!!

"@THNRyanKennedy: Interesting about possible ban on Euro goalies in CHL - I've been told Ottawa 67's have a Swede stopper in mind with their top import pick"

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
67's fans found this interesting!!

"@THNRyanKennedy: Interesting about possible ban on Euro goalies in CHL - I've been told Ottawa 67's have a Swede stopper in mind with their top import pick"
I seriously hope they arent actually considering taking a goalie with the second overall pick. Id be really pissed off if they did. If they wanted to take a goalie with thier second selection then thats fine, but not second overall! I just feel like once again theyve already got two other guys returning in Blair and Windsor so why not give those guys one more chance at redeeming themselves opposed to going out and wasting the second pick on a goaltender. Just my opinion tho.

Anyone else feel the same way?

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I seriously hope they arent actually considering taking a goalie with the second overall pick. Id be really pissed off if they did. If they wanted to take a goalie with thier second selection then thats fine, but not second overall! I just feel like once again theyve already got two other guys returning in Blair and Windsor so why not give those guys one more chance at redeeming themselves opposed to going out and wasting the second pick on a goaltender. Just my opinion tho.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I think that if you got into the season with those two you will be introuble. They were both shaky last yet.

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
I think that if you got into the season with those two you will be introuble. They were both shaky last yet.
Do I think that either Blair or Windsor are legitimate starters in the ohl next year? Well no, but at the same time we're still just going into the second year of a rebuild so I dont see why Chris Bryne couldnt just stick with the guys we already have. And besides, this time last year Jacob Blair was seen as the future in goal for this team so I feel it would be slightly unfair to simply just give up on that idea after only one season. Also, apparently theyve got another goalie(Daniel Potter) from last years draft who they would like to give a shot to assuming to he does well in training camp.

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
Any trade rumors as the trade open's on Saturday?
I havent heard rumours of any as of yet. Although it wouldnt suprise me if they were to make a few minor moves fairly early on. Trade the likes of Petaccio, Walsh and Bell for draft picks if they can get them. Perhaps one of thier defencemen too, just to bring the numbers down a bit since they wont want to hold onto 8 D for too long.

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
I'm not sure I'm willing to give up Pataccio or Bell for Studnicka for a replacment in the line-up.

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
@A_Quevillon: Sergey Kuptsov has left the Ottawa #67s to play in Europe.
Yeah this isnt at all suprising. Chris Bryne all but confirmed he wasnt coming back when he suggested in a radio interview a awhile ago that the 67s were most likely going to use up both import picks this year. Kuptsov at times showed flashes of being a decent offensive player but didnt bring a consistent effort every night which really hurt him.

Im still really hoping that his isnt the case, but its sounding more and more like the 67s are leaning towards taking a swedish goaltender with the second overall pick. Obvously there hasnt been any confirmation whatsoever but ive seen it as a rumour on three separate occassions now, which in my opinion isnt a good sign if you like to read into rumours.

gerard leublond

Apr 17, 2013
Shaen Donovan - New Asst.Coach added to the 67s! Going to be a contending year now for sure. Former NHLer for the Offense.:handclap:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Do I think that either Blair or Windsor are legitimate starters in the ohl next year? Well no, but at the same time we're still just going into the second year of a rebuild so I dont see why Chris Bryne couldnt just stick with the guys we already have. And besides, this time last year Jacob Blair was seen as the future in goal for this team so I feel it would be slightly unfair to simply just give up on that idea after only one season. Also, apparently theyve got another goalie(Daniel Potter) from last years draft who they would like to give a shot to assuming to he does well in training camp.

Unfortunately Windsor has not shown that he can be a starter at the OHL level and Blair isn't there just yet. Who knows this could all change with a strong summer. The fact of the matter is that with the new rule change import goalies can only be selected in the first round. I'm not saying that it will necessarily happen but Ottawa is in dire need of a starting goaltender.

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
Unfortunately Windsor has not shown that he can be a starter at the OHL level and Blair isn't there just yet. Who knows this could all change with a strong summer. The fact of the matter is that with the new rule change import goalies can only be selected in the first round. I'm not saying that it will necessarily happen but Ottawa is in dire need of a starting goaltender.

Clint hasn`t been given a good chance to show what he can do. In 2010-2011 he played on a very poor Barrie team. The next year he was traded to Saginaw & only played 18 games. The following year he was traded to Mississauga & played 2 game before being traded to a very poor Ottawa team. Maybe if he could play on a good team or got to play some games in a row. he could show what he can do.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Import draft picks

I myself feel that the only way the 67 can pick this year is by taking one top winger and a strong centre as they don't have a need for defence and they are pretty strong in the center position As for a goalie I feel that we will have to trade for a veteran goalie by giving up draft picks for next year.

checkmate3

May 5, 2012
Ryan Moore (Windsor) and Henley (Ottawa) are only two signed OHL players invited to USA Hockey Select 16 Camp in Williamsville NY this upcoming week. Select 17's just concluded which included Haydon (Niagara) and Nedeljkovic (Plymouth) being rostered on Team USA in the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad