Official NJ + CBJ rest of season thread

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Can we keep this running until the end of the year so we can track the 2 teams behind us in the standings? Here's to hoping that this game goes to OT with a Devils victory...if that happens then there's no way this thread should be shut down. :handclap:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
CBJ are going on a pointless winning streak right now. No chance for the playoffs.

Reminiscent of 12-13 Flyers. That winning streak was the difference between Seth Jones and Sam Morin.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The Devils have a very tough schedule and may not win another game this season. The BJ's have a tough schd too. We're in 7th now and we'll probably end up with the 8th spot when it's all said and done...or 1st of course.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Devils have a very tough schedule and may not win another game this season. The BJ's have a tough schd too. We're in 7th now and we'll probably end up with the 8th spot when it's all said and done...or 1st of course.

Flyers - @PIT, @CAR, PIT, NYI, CAR, & OTT

Blue Jackets - PIT, @NYR, TOR, BUF, @NYI

Columbus' isn't really that different from our's. We have a back-to-back between the game at Carolina & home against Pittsburgh with a 24 hour swing. They've also been playing a lot better than us as of late as they're getting their top players back.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Flyers - @PIT, @CAR, PIT, NYI, CAR, & OTT

Blue Jackets - PIT, @NYR, TOR, BUF, @NYI

Columbus' isn't really that different from our's. We have a back-to-back between the game at Carolina & home against Pittsburgh with a 24 hour swing. They've also been playing a lot better than us as of late as they're getting their top players back.

That's true but I see us beating Pit twice and Car at least once...BJ's don't play Pit like we do...:nod:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
The way Columbus is playing now I have a hard time thinking the Flyers will finish with a better record. I think Columbus will be finishing closer to 10 when it's all said and done.

Sucks that the Devils are most likely going to be the pick right ahead of the Flyers though. I can already picture one of the top 5 guys falling into their laps.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The way Columbus is playing now I have a hard time thinking the Flyers will finish with a better record. I think Columbus will be finishing closer to 10 when it's all said and done.

Sucks that the Devils are most likely going to be the pick right ahead of the Flyers though. I can already picture one of the top 5 guys falling into their laps.

I was just looking at the standings thinking the exact same thing!!! :shakehead

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
CBJ are going on a pointless winning streak right now. No chance for the playoffs.

Reminiscent of 12-13 Flyers. That winning streak was the difference between Seth Jones and Sam Morin.

No it wasn't. Their streak of 4 wins meant they picked 11th instead of 5th. And they had Lindholm at 5 on their draft board and Morin at 6. To get to 4th they would have had to lose their last six games. A very unlikey result when some of the teams they faced also had nothing to play for.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
No it wasn't. Their streak of 4 wins meant they picked 11th instead of 5th. And they had Lindholm at 5 on their draft board and Morin at 6. To get to 4th they would have had to lose their last six games. A very unlikey result when some of the teams they faced also had nothing to play for.
On 3/30/13 the Flyers were 3rd last in the league with 15 games remaining.

They went 10-5 the remaining 15 games.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Exactly. And I was really ticked that our pointless winning streak was led by Kimmo playing with a broken foot and numerous other injuries. If they'd have made him sit, we'd be dreaming of Sam and Seth as our top pairing.... :)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I am not worried about this at all. The Devils can be unpredictable. They could go right off the charts at 6. Someone suggested maybe a U.S. kid like Connor?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
We're gonna beat Pittsburgh twice, and lose twice to Carolina. Book it. I think we end up picking 7th.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We're gonna beat Pittsburgh twice, and lose twice to Carolina. Book it. I think we end up picking 7th.

The only thing this team ever seems to do right is infuriate us, so I'm expecting a 6-game win streak.

Edit: And then, just for ***** and giggles, the Devils are going to win the lottery, because uugggghh.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
On 3/30/13 the Flyers were 3rd last in the league with 15 games remaining.

They went 10-5 the remaining 15 games.

10-5 isn't a winning streak. Their longest actual winning streak in that time period was four games. And they weren't eliminated from playoff contention till April 18th, but they were supposed to stop trying to win games three weeks before that?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad