02. green bay
03. san francisco
04. philadelphia

05. atlanta
06. seattle

sleeper team: st louis
crash and burn: washington

Betamax*

The All-Pro Stanford Graduate, and former SI Cover model, key interception return for a TD against the Texans' in the dying minutes send it to OT spurs the Seahawks back for an incredible comeback victory ... Yeah, I'm Pretty Happy:

123bh5c.jpg

:handclap:

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
That interception return by Sherman and that first down conversion by Wilson on 4th down made me a little wet... :naughty: Amazing game

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Ouch if you're a texan fan, that was such a risky play from Schaub...

As a Hawks fan I may like Sherman now, but I wonder how much he will ask come contract year.... I cringe at the thought.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
Ouch if you're a texan fan, that was such a risky play from Schaub...

As a Hawks fan I may like Sherman now, but I wonder how much he will ask come contract year.... I cringe at the thought.

hawks window to win is now. they've got wilson, sherman, wagner, tate, and others i'm sure on great contracts

Betamax*

hawks window to win is now. they've got wilson, sherman, wagner, tate, and others i'm sure on great contracts

There drafting record, especially with later round picks has been exceptional. Getting cornerstone, franchise players with those picks picks have been the difference maker.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seahawks are damn near unbeatable at home. If they get home field advantage for the playoffs, they have a really good chance of winning it all.

Betamax*

They got lucky with Wilson.

Yeah, they did still take that chance and they still invested a 3rd round pick on him, even when he was considered undersized for a NFL style QB and they had traded for Flynn to be their potential starter that season.

I think his success opens the eyes of GMs and door for other smaller type QBs like a Johnny Football to get consideration that they can actually be potential impact players in today's NFL. Doug Flutie showed that an undersized QB could be effective a while back, as he had the athleticism to compensate for the lack of size, but even still, he didn't get the respect he deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
If I remember correctly, several gm's were fired during the offseason that Wilson was a rookie for not recognizing his potential and passing over him 3 times. He'd have made any of those lower tier teams an instant contender or at least quicken their rebuild.

Betamax*

If I remember correctly, several gm's were fired during the offseason that Wilson was a rookie for not recognizing his potential and passing over him 3 times. He'd have made any of those lower tier teams an instant contender or at least quicken their rebuild.

I think similarly to the NHL, the NFL is sort of a copy cat league. When one approach works for a certain team, then team try to mimic it or at least find a way to stop it the next season. The "Wild Cat" was the flavour de jour for a few years, now it's the "Read Option" ...

The Seahawks did get lucky ... but was certainly a stacked QB draft with two consensus franchise QB going in the top 2 and Tannehill also drafted in the first round showing that he could be a legit starter for the long term.

So the teams that desperately needed a QB to build upon, had marque names and NFL prototypically sized athletes to take in that draft

Betamax*

The biggest regular season game in Seahawks history occurs in less than 1/2 hour.

The vaunted secondary i.e. "Legion of Boom" is missing their number 2 and 3 guys due to injury and/or suspension. So that something to look out for against the aerial attack from Brees.

Something's got to give ... will the impressive home streak continue.

Well, being an almost homer pick, I'd say yes. Seahawks win by 10 points! :laugh:

Jefe88

Jun 20, 2012
Port Coquitlam
Statement game by Russ, the way he was able to keep plays alive was really impressive against a great pass rush. Also thought Maxwell stepped up in the absence of Browner

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It is only 1 game...
But the Seahawks secondary is incredibly deep.
I was not too worried before the game...
Because the backup corner also did well last year on an emergency start...
But I was still pleasantly surprised.
The other starters really stepped up their play...
And that helped immensely.

StringerBell

KJ Wright had a ridiculous game tonight too in coverage. Any passing offense that comes into the Clink is gonna have a bad time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad