02. Atlanta
03. Seattle
04. NYG

WC1 - SF
WC2 - Chicago

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
At least he won't be out the whole year. They should stay competitive until he's back.
I think they'll be solid at home but they're in tough with SF and an improved STL team.

I think they would have maybe had a shot at home field through the playoffs with Harvin

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Seahawks will be fine without Harvin, Golden Tate is going to break out in a big way and Doug Baldwin will get back to his rookie year ways. They have about 4 legit backs that the Broncos would kill for even one of them. The workload shouldn't kill Marshawn this year. Im most excited about the defensive additions, adding Winfield in the slot with Bennett, Avril and Clemons coming back will be huge for the pass rush(one real weakness on the team)

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It will be interesting to see if the "new breed of quarterbacks" (guys like RG3, Kapernick, Russel Wilson) continue to give teams so much trouble. I suspect teams will be much better prepared for the read option and other elements that were so successful last year.

I don't buy the hype about the Rams this year, I think they finish under .500. I expect the Saints and Packers to both have big bounce back years. If I had to pick now, I would take the Saints to win the Super Bowl.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
2013_steelers_wallpaper_by_undreamtgfx-d5o9tuh.png

:yo:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
can't wait until I build up the courage to watch a Browns game, only to witness them lose 17-21 or something like that.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I feel like this could finally be the year for Seattle. I'm not worried about the Harvin loss- the team in place (minus Washington... that hurts a bit with Harvin out) is largely the same team that went deep in the playoffs last year with an 11-5 record... With that record reflecting Wilson's development in the first half of the season. It's pretty hard not to feel optimistic about them as they stand now. I think they'll only get better with Irvin and others coming back from suspensions, hopefully Clemons making a full recovery soon, and then Harvin returning down the stretch to give them all the added offensive dynamics in time for the playoffs. Go Hawks!

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
GO NINERS!

As a side note, I don't hate the Seahawks. I wish them well, but not at the expense of the Niners.

Should be good times in the NFC West.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
GO NINERS!

As a side note, I don't hate the Seahawks. I wish them well, but not at the expense of the Niners.

My wife and her family (From the Bay Area) are diehard SF49er fans (yay season tickets!) so I'm good cheering for my Steelers and can support her team too AFC vs NFC

Of course I will never tell her the Seahawks were my NFC team prior to buying her rings and a house :help:

I'd be in big trouble...she told me she would've never even dated me if I was a Dogers fan :shakehead

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Feel bad for the Rams being stuck in that division.

Steelers will miss the playoffs.

Not sure if Denver loses a game this year.

That is all for now.

skg

Jul 29, 2005
Not sure why all the pundits are picking the 49ers this year. They have huge issues at WR and DB.

Honestly think this is going to be the Seahawks year. They don't have any major weaknesses, and if they can improve the pass rush with Avril, Bennett, a healthy Clemons and an improved Irvin, the best secondary in the NFL will be even that much more effective.

Just an around scary team to play against especially at the CLink.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Not sure why all the pundits are picking the 49ers this year. They have huge issues at WR and DB.

Honestly think this is going to be the Seahawks year. They don't have any major weaknesses, and if they can improve the pass rush with Avril, Bennett, a healthy Clemons and an improved Irvin, the best secondary in the NFL will be even that much more effective.

Just an around scary team to play against especially at the CLink.

Niner fan here. Their holes at WR are a bit over-blown. There's a lot of young guys ready to step up (Williams/Hawkins/Lockette/Patton/Moore). They can make due with what they have pretty easily with some guys like Moore, Hawkins and Lockette looking like they could be players. They also have the best core of RBs in the NFL, a great O line that's all returning, not to mention Vernon Davis and recently drafted Vance McDonald at TE. I don't see their WR depth as a problem as much as losing Crabtree hurt. They should have a solid passing game.

Their CB problems got worse with the loss of Culliver and Asomogua's inconsistancy so far, but they get to the QB so fast it's not a big issue with the group they have. When you have Justin and Aldon Smith rushing the QB and Willis and Bowman behind them, there's not a lot of time to make a pass. You don't need as much from you CBs.

While those are issues for the team, they're being picked because of the amount of depth they have elswhere. Virtually every other facet of thier game should be on par or better than any one in the NFL. There's little reason to doubt them at this point. But that's why they play the games! Anything can happen.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
7ae1f_160622947-ray-lewis-of-the-baltimore-ravens-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

guess who i support

and of course da bears

and you ask why i support those two random teams its cause i love hard nosed defensive football and loved urlacher and lewis. Ravens are more my team but still love da bears

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
GO NINERS!

Been a 49ers fan for 3 decades; former SF resident. I like the Seahawks but as they are now in the NFC West, I wish them the 2nd best. I don't hate any teams anymore. I'm not fond of the Raiders, Cowboys or Giants, but they don't elicit hate.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 49ers. I'd be more optimistic if Michael Crabbtree weren't injured because he and Kaepernick had pretty much instant chemistry, but I think they enough weapons. They are clearly not satisfied with their receivers as they just traded 2012 1st round pick A.J. Jenkins to the Cheifs for WR Jon Baldwin.

The other player I think they will miss is blocking TE Delanie Walker (who was under rated as a pass catcher). Rookie TE Vance McDonald is expected to fill this role - however he was more of a pass catching TE / Slot receiver at Rice, blocking is not his strength.

Vernon Davis is probably the wild card. Davis and Alex Smith had great chemistry, but once Kaepernick took over, Crabbtree became his favorite target - at the expense of Davis. In training camp apparently Vernon Davis has been lining up at TE, H Back, Slot Back / Flanker and WR.

At any rate, the NFC West is going to be a very tight race this year.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Been a 49ers fan for 3 decades; former SF resident. I like the Seahawks but as they are now in the NFC West, I wish them the 2nd best. I don't hate any teams anymore. I'm not fond of the Raiders, Cowboys or Giants, but they don't elicit hate.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 49ers. I'd be more optimistic if Michael Crabbtree weren't injured because he and Kaepernick had pretty much instant chemistry, but I think they enough weapons. They are clearly not satisfied with their receivers as they just traded 2012 1st round pick A.J. Jenkins to the Cheifs for WR Jon Baldwin.

The other player I think they will miss is blocking TE Delanie Walker (who was under rated as a pass catcher). Rookie TE Vance McDonald is expected to fill this role - however he was more of a pass catching TE / Slot receiver at Rice, blocking is not his strength.

Vernon Davis is probably the wild card. Davis and Alex Smith had great chemistry, but once Kaepernick took over, Crabbtree became his favorite target - at the expense of Davis. In training camp apparently Vernon Davis has been lining up at TE, H Back, Slot Back / Flanker and WR.

At any rate, the NFC West is going to be a very tight race this year.

I'm the same. Hopped on the bandwagon in the early 90's... right around the time Montana got traded to the Chiefs and I used to hate the Cowboys and the Bears for some reason. The Bears were always one team as I kid I rooted against and there's no rhyme or reason to it :laugh: Maybe it's because of fantasy football but I find it difficult to rack up hate against any team... even the Patriots.

I'm also cautiously optimistic. They've got essentially the same core guys. Eric Reid is looking like he can mitigate the loss of Goldson a bit. Losing Culliver hurts, but it's not like our secondary was amazing last year either and it wasn't a huge problem... until the Super Bowl, of course.

Hopefully Manningham and Williams can make their returns to bolster a pretty thin receiving corps. But in their stead, I'm rooting for Moore and Lockette.

As for Davis, I'm optimistic as to what he can do this year. I'm looking for a big bounce back... and if the playoffs were any indication I'm confident he can do that.

But yes, Seattle's right there... and the Rams are really underrated.
The Cards weren't very good but they did start 5-1 last year and should be better with the additions of the Honey Badger and Carson Palmer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad