GDT: Official Lineups What we would like to see on a Game To Game Basis

Afam*

Since They are already large amounts of existing threads on this and a few people get annoyed by it, i figured this would be an official thread for it. Please post any ideas on what lines you would like Claude too use here.

Mine would be.

Sodeberg- Krecji Jagr (Scoring Line)

Marchand- Bergeron- Seguin ( Responsible Defensive Line Thanks to Bergy mixed with Speed)

Lucic -Kelly/Pevs Horton (The Grind line with Lucic and a defensive stud in Pevs.

Daugvins/ Campbell- Thorton( Good defensive/ Hustle Line)

Lucic might get scratched for today's game.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagealex

Jul 24, 2011
Boston
Since someone wanted it done, i figure why not.

Mine would be.

Sodeberg- Krecji Jagr (Scoring Line with Speed)

Paille- Bergeron- Seguin ( Responsible Defensive Line Thanks to Bergy, mixed with Paille)

Lucic Pevs- Horton (The Grind line with Lucic and a defensive stud in Pevs.

Where's Marchand in here?
Kelly?

I absolutely want to see Soderberg-Krecji-Jagr because it would be a great offensively line with a good mix of playmaking and goalscoring.

I like Lucic-Peverly-Horton as a third grind line as long as the two above them can produce. It would add secondary scoring while getting Peverly with some decent offensive teammates. They could be productive, especially considering the matchups they'd get.

Paille is one of the biggest lineup dilemmas for me right now. I like how he's played this year and I think he's earned the right to be more than just a fourth line winger, but I'm not sure exactly what I want them to do with him.

Afam*

I dunno. Kind of getting tired of every poster's line combination projections. No offense.

No offense taken. That's why I made one because someone complained it and suggested they be an official thread for lineups.

Afam*

Where's Marchand in here?
Kelly?

I absolutely want to see Soderberg-Krecji-Jagr because it would be a great offensively line with a good mix of playmaking and goalscoring.

I like Lucic-Peverly-Horton as a third grind line as long as the two above them can produce. It would add secondary scoring while getting Peverly with some decent offensive teammates. They could be productive, especially considering the matchups they'd get.

Paille is one of the biggest lineup dilemmas for me right now. I like how he's played this year and I think he's earned the right to be more than just a fourth line winger, but I'm not sure exactly what I want them to do with him.

Total slip up. Sorry about that. I edited it.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
No offense taken. That's why I made one because someone complained it and suggested they be an official thread for lineups.

Pactce 4-18
Line combos heading thread a page back
and just about every GDT for the first 10 pages.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I dunno. Kind of getting tired of every poster's line combination projections. No offense.

Same here. The fact that they're all normally the same, save maybe two guys in a different spot, doesn't help any.

There's already a long thread on lines (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1393293&page=11) ... technically, two threads if you include the "Jagr to the 3rd line" thread to be about the lines as well.

And I have to say that I'm still kind of confused by your lines after you added the guys that you'd originally omitted. Are you saying that Paille would slot in on the Bergeron line occasionally (and if so, at whose expense?) and that Kelly and Peverley would split time on the 3rd line, or that Lucic & Kelly would, or something else?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Does Corpfan1 know you made this? He's going to be pissed

Afam*

Same here. The fact that they're all normally the same, save maybe two guys in a different spot, doesn't help any.

There's already a long thread on lines (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1393293&page=11) ... technically, two threads if you include the "Jagr to the 3rd line" thread to be about the lines as well.

And I have to say that I'm still kind of confused by your lines after you added the guys that you'd originally omitted. Are you saying that Paille would slot in on the Bergeron line occasionally (and if so, at whose expense?) and that Kelly and Peverley would split time on the 3rd line, or that Lucic & Kelly would, or something else?

No i took Paille out. He becomes a health scratch. Both him and Daugvins are fighting for the last spot on the fourth line. I also have both Pevs and Kelly alternating on the 3rd line. I have too much respect for Pevs to put him on the fourth line.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mine Horton Krecji Jagr
Seguin Bergeron Marchand
Yeti Peverley Lucic,
Paille Kelly Campbell
I have 2 centres on 4th line,Peverley I moved to centre that third line for more offence deep in lineup.I know Clode never do it but i would. Dog and Thornton ready in press box i do not see effort from anyone and i make that clear as mud.. Yeti could centre then too but i think he needs bit time to adjust.

Afam*

Brad Marchand - Krejci - Seguin
Soderberg - Bergeron - Jagr
Paille - Kelly - Peverley
Lucic - Campbell - Thornton

In this case Horton becomes a healthy Scratch. As much as Horton is becoming a Ghost, he adds more of a scoring bunch than Peverley. Peverley and Kelly are both redundant skills wise. They both do the same thing.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
No i took Paille out. He becomes a health scratch. Both him and Daugvins are fighting for the last spot on the fourth line. I also have both Pevs and Kelly alternating on the 3rd line. I have too much respect for Pevs to put him on the fourth line.

Kelly is a lot better than Pevs fourth line minutes are what he Deserves and how anyone has Dog ahead of Paille is beyond me it is not even close Paille is a thirdliner on 2/3rds of the league Dogman is a waiver wire player.

TheProfessional

May 28, 2011

the fact you have paille scratched when hes been one of the best players on the team almost all season really discredits your opinion. he will NOT be scratched.

Afam*

Kelly is a lot better than Pevs fourth line minutes are what he Deserves and how anyone has Dog ahead of Paille is beyond me it is not even close Paille is a thirdliner on 2/3rds of the league Dogman is a waiver wire player.

Fair enough. So what would your lines look like ?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In this case Horton becomes a healthy Scratch. As much as Horton is becoming a Ghost, he adds more of a scoring bunch than Peverley. Peverley and Kelly are both redundant skills wise. They both do the same thing.

:shakehead U sit Horton,, That guy was one main reasons Bruins got to Cup in 11.He shows up in big games.He better scorer then Lucic too.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Fair enough. So what would your lines look like ?

Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Soderberg Krejci Jagr
Lucic/Paille-Kelly-Horton
Lucic/Paille-Campbel-Pevs/Thronton.... Thornton for Emotions Pevs if we need an extra PK guy.

If I had to offer somthing other.
Marchand Krejci Jagr
Soderberg Bergeron Horton
Lucic Kelly Seguin---My favorite bruins line Post Lucic-Savvy-Kessel
Paille Campbel Pevs-Thornton

Afam*

the fact you have paille scratched when hes been one of the best players on the team almost all season really discredits your opinion. he will NOT be scratched.

Paille is not beyond being scratched. First of all he is not a superstar, second claude doesn't care about whether a player gets scratched or not. IF claude can scratch Seguin, think about scratching Lucic and had Marchand on the fourth line at one both, he can scratch Paille without even blinking an eye. Paille only skill set is on the PPK. Correction Marchand/Bergy has been our best player all year not Paille.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Paille is not beyond being scratched. First of all he is not a superstar, second claude doesn't care about whether a player gets scratched or not. IF claude can scratch Seguin, think about scratching Lucic and had Marchand on the fourth line at one both, he can scratch Paille without even blinking an eye. Paille only skill set is on the PPK. Correction Marchand/Bergy has been our best player all year not Paille.

Yeah go ahead and Scratch you best Penalty killing Froward when our PK is the best in the NHL thats what we should be doing.

Best deffensive team in the Leauge scratch you 2nd best Defensive forward (whom is payed to be a great defensive forward) thats what we should do right?

Paille has more goals than Lucic, second fastest on the team gives full effort.

Seguin was scratched for missing a mandatory meeting

Marchand was on the fourth line to begin his career

Lucic is lazy and out of shape thats why he is scratched

What do you have against Paille, he has been fantastic this year.

Afam*

:shakehead U sit Horton,, That guy was one main reasons Bruins got to Cup in 11.He shows up in big games.He better scorer then Lucic too.

Lol. I didnt sit Horton in my Original Lineup. Someone scratched Horton in favor of Pevs and i was just disagreeing with him. I rather scratch Pevs than Horton.

Afam*

Yeah go ahead and Scratch you best Penalty killing Froward when our PK is the best in the NHL thats what we should be doing.

Paille has more goals than Lucic, second fastest on the team gives full effort.

Seguin was scratched for missing a mandatory meeting

Marchand was on the fourth line to begin his career

Lucic is lazy and out of shape thats why he is scratched

What do you have against Paille, he has been fantastic this year.

Nothing against him at all. Lol. Just tying to make sense with all this changes in the lineup. It is fun too speculate on what claude would do.

TheProfessional

May 28, 2011

do you watch the games at all? im beginning you think you lack a basic understanding of hockey, the flows of the game, and the different roles required to be a successful team

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Söderberg - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Peverley

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Since They are already large amounts of existing threads on lets this and a few people get annoyed by it, i figured this would be an official thread for it. Please most any ideas on what ideas on lines you would like Claude too use here.

Mine would be.

Sodeberg- Krecji Jagr (Scoring Line with Speed)

Marchand- Bergeron- Seguin ( Responsible Defensive Line Thanks to Bergy, mixed with Paille)

Lucic -Kelly/Pevs Horton (The Grind line with Lucic and a defensive stud in Pevs.

Just wondering where the speed is on that first line? Jagr is slow, DK is OK, and Soderberg is a good skater for his size, but not a speed guy. Scoring? Maybe, but if you want speed you need to insert a Seguin, Marchand, or Paille in there.

Also, it should be game to game "BASIS", not bases. Before you ask, I have posted my line preferences a bunch of times already:

Lucic-DK-Seguin (closest thing the B's have to Looch-Savard-Kessel)

Marchand-Bergy-Jagr (speed and chemistry between NFK and Jagr)

Soderberg-Kelly-Horton (couple of guys that can shoot or pass with responsible C)

Paille-Campbell-Pevs/Thornton (Energy line that can actually score a bit)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad